Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Herb-scented Log
Quote:Burning Man
1/3/344
I'm not sure what to comment.
I woke up. I got out of bed. Got ready for the morning, made sure to say my prayers, teleported to Imperia. Went on a walk. Walked to the smoke in the woods, and expected anything but what I was currently seeing. Yakin, his girlfriend and Alex, smoking. Smoking something. It doesn't appear to be anything safe, that's for certain. Especially not with that burning effigy of what looks like a person. (which is the least important part of this encounter, mind you.) A cloaked stranger; the only other sober person, was there as well.

It appeared to be Alex's first time smoking whatever it was. Marked by coughing, and barely-there talk about "letting it in."
The natural reaction was first to kick in.

Yakin and his girl took a puff from the hookah, (yes I learned this part-way through) and I merely watched. I could only watch; I was afraid of ruining it. Admittedly, it was quite amusing to see the group under the influence, travelling (mentally) to new worlds. Eventually, even Alex joined in on it, after enough time. My brain failed to process it, and I briefly walked out of the forest, then back in.

I wasn't dreaming, everything was indeed happening.

Talk continued mostly under the influence, the smokers talking about the most enlightening nonsense that they've ever heard, minds abuzz about nothing. I kept watch on both the situation and the outside world, being sure not to succumb to the pressure of peers. I kept a Cleanse Potion close, just in case. Jokes that made little sense, but were hilarious to them were made, from the natural roads paved by their... addled minds. (I feel pretentious writing this, but it's the only way I can describe it.)

Eventually, the cloaked stranger left out cookies. The other effect kicked in.

The munchies kicked in, and soon, cookies were left out. Delicious, delicious cookies, perfect for the snackish smoker. They were devoured in short order by Alex, in slightly longer order by the woman, then by Yakin. I elected not to partake in the feast. The group returned to their positions in appropriately silly ways, returning to the world of drug-induced enlightenment.

Soon, Alex came crashing down to reality. That was the queue for the party to end. Yakin and his woman rode into the distance, and I walked into it.

By writing this down, I'll know it really did happen.

My past haunts me every day, and it's the form of a journal I can't let go of.

Messages In This Thread