Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Halloween Event] The Forest of Fears
"Everything was fine, until that... thing showed up. It was the true essence of terror, those piercing red eyes in the darkness... and the sounds it made, too..
..and then everything went to hell. Whole place went dark, aside from the eerie glow of the trees, and those damn eyes!
We've lost so many people trying to rout whatever beast's in there... won't anyone hear our plea?"

Something is amiss in a forest in Kysei.

You've been tasked with hunting down an elusive creature in the darkness of this forest - under a spell the likes of which the requestor has never seen. The grass has gone black and it's nigh impossible to find your way along the atmosphere of a land almost out of a dream - or a nightmare... guided only by the purple lights of the flowers and trees around you. Many have gone missing since the creature you're hunting took control, and those who were heard from again were paralysed by fear, their memories clouded by the horrors they'd witnessed.

But you're not scared, right? After all... what could possibly be so horrifying? Well, you're about to find out...

Hello, Appo here!

I know there hasn't been anything public announced for a while, but I promise there's stuff on the horizon! I won't lie to any of you - a lot of the lack of events on my part, at least, has been because I've been enjoying playing the game again - as an RPer, not just an event provider. So I've been taking the time to focus on my characters, develop them out the best I can - and to just enjoy myself. To those of you I've seen around and RPed with - Thank you, it's been fun! But... for the spooky season, it's time to get back on track. So I present to you all an event! You don't have to be a part of any existing group or anything to take part - it's open participation! Now, of course... here's some information I should give you all to make sure anyone who signs up knows what they're getting into.

There WILL be PVE - This is not everyone's cup of tea, and I know not everyone will be interested in such. Please do not join if you're not okay with that - I will try to do my best to accomodate for anyone either underleveled, or who may have concerns about how well they'll get along with my mobs (they can be difficult, I will admit-) through any way I can with my tools. Bare with me on that, though.

With that in mind... I recommend potions / items for everyone. For those of you who have plenty, I would be very grateful if you're willing to - on the day - share with those who don't have any. But for those who have none, if you can manage to obtain your own - please do. If you can't... I'll personally see if any of my non-event key characters have any for you, or buy them out of pocket if need be. I trust the community will be accomodating - but if all else fails, please let me know. I'm not saying you'll NEED them - but I'm saying... well, they give you the best shot. It's nice to be prepared after all!

For the sake of IC, I will be trying to take a more serious stance in memeing in the event. Please don't try to ruin this for others by not taking it at all seriously - a little bit of joking around is fine, and in cases where something funny happens - yeah, feel free to chuckle and meme about it a bit - but don't spend the entire event trying to be a clown - keep that to costume only.

There is a limit on sign-ups... mainly just to keep quality up. The off chance that the entire community shows up is a disaster to accomodate for, so I can't just do things as "just show up on the day" because that will be horrible for everyone involved. The sign up limit will be 4 full parties - so 16 players at most. That's still a lot, since I want to make sure plenty of people get the opportunity to participate if they want to.

I will be keeping track of sign-ups with a counter in #event-announcements on the official discord, so it's advised to check there to see how many slots are left. It would be extremely awkward for both me and you if I have to turn someone down because the quest is full (if that somehow happens) so please try not to get yourself left in that situation. When the quest is full I will give everyone who signed up a discord link to co-ordinate things.

Encounters will be appropriately spooky and based on common fears (and other stuff if that's not enough) for the season, so look forward to stuff like that.
Thank you for joining me on this wild ride! I'll try not to let you all down!

[Date and Time Not Final]
I'm thinking of hosting this on either the 15th or 16th of this month, or failing that, the 22nd or 23rd. Time will be somewhere around 3-5PM EST, or 8-10PM GMT in terms of starting time. This is to attempt to accomodate both europeans and americans alike, because I know the poor people in my timezone have been feeling the neglect. Unfortunately it's still a very late time by their standards, I know... but this is the best I can do for now. Event duration... well, I can't give an accurate estimate but I'd liken it to probably around 3 hours at least.
 [appo out]
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity

Messages In This Thread
[Halloween Event] The Forest of Fears - by WaifuApple - 10-08-2020, 03:05 PM