Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban Request
Game you were banned from: Sigrogana Legend 2
In-game name (key): MegaBlues
Reason you were banned: Rampant bug abuse
The length of the ban, if you know: 1901 years
Who banned you, if you know: Neus
Why we should unban you: I'll play the game normally, and report the bugs I know of that (probably) haven't been reported yet.

P.S.: Sorry about the stealing! I'll make a donation for (again, probably) all of the Asagos I've duped and given out too.
What, exactly, is my motivation for unbanning you? Because I've tried to think of a reason over the last week and I'm coming up short. The only reason I've given it any thought at all instead of just banning you and forgetting about it is because you've been around the community for a little over half a decade. What really bothered me is, the day I banned you, you asked me to help you restore a bunch of levels you lost. The funny part about that is I said you basically cheated to get those levels, which you took a very large amount of offense to. The funny part being that I banned you not 24 hours later for cheating.

Not just cheating. Duping. Not just duping, but telling other people how to dupe, and duping for them. Yes, I'm aware that a bunch of you not only knew about the existence of such a bug, but that you were deliberately keeping it a secret from me, and I would consider yourselves -extremely- lucky that you're not also sitting behind the same ban that MegaBlues is, and that if I ever have to ban any of you, it will be much more harsh for that reason. But I'm getting off track.

That kind of attitude is very hard for me to approach, because it's not only harmful to me, but it's harmful to the game and everyone who plays it legitimately. When you dupe items, you are devaluing them, and therefore the game itself in the long run. And when you are devaluing Asagorians, the things I NEED to keep the game going, you are basically not only giving me the biggest middle finger possible, you are doing it to the people who play the game legitimately and want to keep playing it in the future. Because if I ever had to stop development due to lack of monetary support, you'd basically be one of the people who killed it. That's no joke.

The fact that you can do this without feeling any remorse (until after you get caught, anyway), to the point where you are very aggressively, almost demanding, that I help you with some problem you have, quite honestly it made me sick when I first found out about it. I didn't throw up or anything dramatic like that, but it made me very upset. Because I try to do right by the players, even if that means that I get inconvenienced. So when one of those players stabs me in the back, you can imagine what it feels like.

So, again, you're going to have to tell me why I should unban you. Because I don't much like the idea of giving you a second chance, only to find out months down the line that you used the chance to do the exact same thing. Sure, you reported the bugs you were abusing, and I appreciate that; but it's only after the fact. If you had reported them yourself before that then you probably wouldn't even be banned right now.

And needless to say, if I did give you a second chance, there wouldn't be a third chance. Ever. Not for this sort of thing. The same goes for everyone who knew about this bug and hid it from me; the fact that you aren't banned is your 'second chance'.
Honestly, I can't blame you for being upset with me. Harassing you into going out of your way to help me after I've been leeching from you and the game is extremely manipulative, and I can't make any good excuse for it. Especially for Asagos, since duping them is tantamount to theft.

It's a minor detail, but most of my duping was to try and help other players have a better time. If someone needed a nice piece of equipment, I could give them a copy. A new character could get a handful of Murai (Or what amounted to such, in the mess of an economy the game had during that time) to make starting out a bit easier. Someone trying to make a home wouldn't need to grind for wood and crafting materials. In a game where the RNG rules all, it's not hard to find yourself constantly giving out what others can't find. Granted, it's not a good excuse, and it definitely damaged the game overall, but I can say that malice wasn't a driving goal. I really do enjoy playing your game, and my goal isn't to ruin it. Especially since I'm trying to stay a legitimate member of the community.

I stick around SL2 for the fun I can have roleplaying and taking part in the community, as strange as it can be at times. Even though there are some parts of the game I might not like and design choices I don't agree with, I have people here I know and am good friends with, and they're worth staying for. That's why I'm willing to donate to try and patch things up, because I like my characters and how they interact with others. I want to show you that I'm willing to try and undo some of the damage I've caused, and, more importantly, apologize.
Hello. It's been two and a half weeks. I would appreciate a final verdict.
Your ban will remain in effect until May 6th, at which time you can request an unban. But if you break the rules again, you're gone for good, as I stated above.
I'm not sure whether to make a new topic or bump this one, so I decided to just bump this one. It's May 6th, may I be unbanned?
You have been unbanned. I also deleted all of your characters on all of the keys I was aware you had. If you have legitimate donations made, please PM me the Paypal e-mail. If you're wondering why I deleted your characters, that's standard protocol for people who dupe Asagorians (for example, Pawoverlord), but in your case I felt like the entirety of your characters were illegitimate, so now you get to start fresh.

Please keep in mind all of the things we discussed.