Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: November
1. Besides Heaven's Contention and the Oniga-Sigrogana War, have there been any other wars that took place in history?

2. Some time ago, you spoke about Divine-type beings having the ability to interfere with Corruption. A few questions about this:
-a. Are only (certain) Gods able to do this, or are certain races/beings outside of Gods also able to perform this?
-b. To what extent do they deal with it? Do they revert the being to whatever race they were before, or turn them into a certain race only, whether by personal choice or simply how things are?
-c. Are they any non-Corruption races that can be affected this way?

3. Assuming that Lazarus is the 'Demon Realm' spoken of in the 'Lazarus Winds' skill.... Is there any basic information about Lazarus, such as the nature of the realm and its inhabitants?

4. Is Ashe in any sort of relationship?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
So where do people harvest carapace(the crafting material)? Is there a certain animal they take it from?
[Image: ytZC4bM.gif?1]
I would imagine it's taken from spatials. The other options
would be soldier kraboids, but then its aspect would be of
the water element, or Shaitans, which would be completely
inhumane and terrible.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=58#p58 Wrote:Miller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:13 pm[/url]"]Are weapons able to be created out of magic rather than physically?(Striking iron).

If so what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing so?

The end result isn't as reliable. The cost is relatively taxing (focus wise). Don't recommend it.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:Magical catalysts. Tomes and spelledge weapons exist, for sure, but what is the true limit of their potential?

Could one, say, RP as someone without magical talent at all but has some kind of catalyst which lets them use magic anyway?

Could one skilled enough channel their magic/ki/whatever through a mundane object, such as using a gun to shoot focus instead of bullets?

A catalyst is just a focused lens. It isn't a source of power, although it may have unique properties. As for the guns question, that's already how most Magic Gunners fire their guns, since regular 'bullets' are more expensive and have about the same level of power.

"Planetary Destruction" Wrote:How fast is magic, in literal terms? I know this has been answered before but sources have informed me that you were just joking (which I honestly don't doubt). Magic has to be somehow perceptible, whether by the target's eye, a trained mage, a trained mage hunter, or some other kind of magically affixed and affiliated person. Though I guess the reason "you just have to feel it" works too. But twice the speed of light isn't very credible nor does it make anyone credulous to it at all.

It's pretty fast.

"Ranylyn, again" Wrote:- How long ago did the corrupted become a thing? Is it a recent thing, such as post HC? Or is it as old as some of the older races?

- Is there more to Ryart's story than what is revealed in game so far?

- Zerans actively mock Onigans for not attempting to conquer Alastasia during their Warring Era. Is there any more information on this, such as why the Onigans did not? Were they too tied down by the war with Sigrogana, or...?

Corrupted have always been a thing. Yes. There's no information on why they didn't, nor any indication why they would do so (you could make the same argument for Sigrogana, but.)

"Kiralyn" Wrote:From the wiki: "Kaelensia have a rather unrefined language that they use on Egwyn sometimes."

Based on this, would it be safe to assume that the whole of Egwyn speaks a single language (Kaelensian), or are there differences between areas/races that might make it difficult to communicate between them?

Most of Egwyn can speak the common language, since they have to in order to trade with foreigners who bring them important supplies. The Kaelan language is rather antiquated and isn't as capable of as much complexity and detail as the common language, so it's only really still used as a means of tradition, and even then, not often.

"Divus" Wrote:Can you give me a general, but descriptive summary of Huggessoa please?

Does/Did Huggessoa ever appear in the world?

Can Huggessoa be summoned? If so, how?

What might a worshiper of Huggessoa be like? In general, nothing specific!

There is no summary of Huggessoa. The only thing we know about him, according to the Mercalan Church, is that he's evil, as are those who ally themselves with him.

Yes.

No.

A worshiper of Huggessoa would likely wear funeral attire.

"4EvarKnight" Wrote:This came up in LOOC; What exactly are the laws of the land, beyond the obvious "Don't steal, kill, rape, or attack each other"? I don't recall there being any specifics laid out.

And more specifically, are there any laws directly against drawing a weapon needlessly in public, or drawing one in general if you aren't a part of the Guard (and obviously not committing another crime)?

If you draw your weapon, it must be for a non-violent purpose, or because you are being assaulted. You can't draw your weapon to intimidate another person. Intimidating another person in general is not allowed. Other than that, there's the whole 'no magic' thing in Oniga. No public indeceny. No violence against others, which is punished to varying degrees (if you're just a drunk brawler, you'll probably spend the night in jail. If you're a thug, depending on where you are, you could get exiled or executed if you're a repeat offender.)

"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:Is there a specific way to becoming a Ghost? If so, how?

How does the Geistritters recruit their members? Are there any special requirements or training that you have to go through?

Ghosts are just tenacious fighters, so I guess one way would be to not die.

Geistritters are usually recruited by scouting talent. Generally you must be a talented spiritualist and not have any serious criminal record. When you're recruited at first, it's as a trainee, and you're given small jobs to do such as hauntings/etc. When your training is finished, you are either released (because you did poorly) or recruited to the organization (because you did well).

"411-L-411" Wrote:So, do we have microphones or any means of voice aid?

Talk louder.

"Ninjahzzz Wrote:Okay,So,Last month you went and said that Alstalsia had some of the more standard Fantasy creatures living in it...and that makes me question.

Have there ever been attempts (Successful or otherwise) to tame them?...I know for a fact that there'd likely be /SOME/ person who looks at them and thinks 'Yeah,I could make a killing by selling them to Kaelensia as pets'.

Zera is a demon of domination. It only makes sense that his kin would follow his example. So, yes.

"Grandpa" Wrote:Are Mercalan magics capable of healing disabilities that you were born with? (IE blind, mute, deaf.)

Depending on the severity of the condition, it is possible, yes. Although sometimes even Mercana will not work and no one seems to understand why.

"Planetary Destruction" Wrote:What constitutes an emergency in which Mercalan/healing magic should be used to aid another from injury, contusions, etc? This is all going by ethics and the Church Charter (which I'm sure there is one).

If waiting for normal medical treatment would result in the death of the person, that is a valid time to use your magic. If a threat, such as a monster, is about and the only way to make sure it's stopped is to heal someone who can defeat it, that is another valid use. If you are pursuing a greater threat towards others, such as monsters (but not mortals), then it can be used without much worry.

Generally speaking, Mercala favors life over death.

"Ampere" Wrote:What percentage of people caught under the Black Eclipse actually get Corrupted into Umbrals?

1%.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=142#p142 Wrote:Maikito » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 am[/url]"]Does Hyoya have it's own language perhaps?

In terms of animals, is it okay to assume that the traditional real animals (Such as Cows, Horses, Sheep, Dogs, Cats, etc.) exist?

When Umbrals "Fade out" Is it akin to invisibility? or more so just. . . like a hazier image? And are they able to fade out at will at any time during the day or night?

(Reposted from Old Forums)

No.

Of course.

I like to think of fading out to be like transparency. The further away you are, the more transparent they appear. This isn't possible during the day but depending on how dark it is during the night, yes.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=319#p319 Wrote:Jay » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:07 am[/url]"]I still cannot understand the recent addition of Life Steal/Drain (or whatever you wish to call the trait). It seemed like it would be a lich casting a hex (to mechanically accommodate a horrible HP pool), but apparently vampires have this as well. It must not involve blood if glykins aren't immune and it doesn't harm the recipient.

So what/how exactly are vampires and liches performing for this?

If blood is irrelevant, then is it draining focus? If not, what?

Whatever it is, is it a form of feeding for a vampire?

Why is it that only vampires and liches can perform this?

It's a violent extraction of Focus from the target that is then applied as healing to the user. The nature of the extraction damages the target and steals their focus, almost as if it were ripped out. Since it isn't blood, vampires do not 'feed' this way (which is why they don't get any Blood meter for it).

Vampires and liches are the only ones who can perform it because it requires specific knowledge and isn't capable of being used by the living.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=328#p328 Wrote:RoboCat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am[/url]"]1. Does Sigrogana have any extra moons or suns?

2. What is space like for Sigrogana? Is it the void?

3. How exactly does a person become the feral undead monsters that appear in dungeons.

4. Do the feral undead from dungeons still have their original soul?

5. Is it possible to extract the soul of a living thing in Sigorgana and put it in another body? If so, how exactly could that be done?

1) No.

2) There are lots of stars and some planet-like spheres in the distance.

3) By being cursed with Cladis Mortem Null.

4) No.

5) No.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=357#p357 Wrote:Jay » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:43 pm[/url]"]A basic few questions that should have been answered.

Approximately when were the cities like Karaten, Chaturanga, Cellsvich, Dormeho, Lispool, Oniga and Tannis founded? I'm only curious about those dates. Someone is free to extend this if I'm missing locations.

Sometime shortly before Heaven's Contention, although they were not as developed or focused as they are now.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=421#p421 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:58 pm[/url]"]What happens to a person that stays within the void to long? Do they turn into pure focus energy and dissipate into nothingness, therefore 'dying'?

If yes to that question, what happens to a lich that is in the void since they are kind of pure focus energy controlled by a person.

What are the effects of void poisoning, should one contract it, as a Lich?

We know very few things about magic in general. Do mages draw it from random elemental planes, or do they draw upon focus from the fa- I mean Void and shape it into magic?

Are there any ways to cut off ties to magic for someone? IE: That one spear thing from SL1 that cut off Mercala/Fire domains.

What the hell is a terrasque and why is it's shell everywhere, AND made out of ores?

1) No one knows.

2) Glowing blue lacerations along the vessel's body that appear as soon as the Lich is 'attached'. Portions of the arcane energy of the Lich may become discolored as well.

3) They use their own focus, change it into the form of the spell they are casting, and release it.

4) As long as you have the knowledge and focus, and no outside force interferes with the casting, you can use the magic.

5) A terrasque is a large serpent monster that lives under the ground. As it moves, its shell sheds, and eventually it finds its way to the surface.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=422#p422 Wrote:Sarah54321 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:21 pm[/url]"]Why are Oracles known to be corrupted. What corrupted them?

Because only humans become oracles. Probably the same thing that corrupted all of the Corrupted.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=472#p472 Wrote:Someone » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:09 pm[/url]"]Can you make vodka out of potatoes?

Do the other gods have followers? What sort of beliefs, tenets, etc, do they follow? (Especially interested in Nairyf/Nerif)

Sure.

All of the gods are either dead or gone, with the exception of Mercala, whom I believe needs no introduction to her faith. The others, not so much; most of them just follow their legends or ideals, like the Zerans.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=498#p498 Wrote:Ranylyn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:26 am[/url]"]Age related questions

- At what age is one officially recognized as an adult in each country?
- What are the legal ages for drinking, gambling, marrying, or just general consent for sex in each country?

... just got curious since I've seen a bunch of 15-16 year olds around, lately, at least one of which was drinking and bragging about how he lost his virginity. *shrug*

Depends on the region. Chaturanga is likely to have 16 be the age when you're an 'adult', for example. But since people in general live for a long while in Sigrogana, especially some races, it's quite varied and usually pushed towards the end of the teen years (or even early twenties). But like I said, with how different the race's lifespans are, it's hard to give a concrete number.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=727#p727 Wrote:ShadowHunt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 am[/url]"]Some questions about the history mechanations

-it was said that they were "perfected" in the year 290. what exactly is perfected here? When they could be made to appear so close to human that they would easily be mistaken as one, they simply figured out how to make basic humanoid mechanation or something else?
- how long before did work on mechanations start? when where the first most prototypes of them made?

and on a slightly different note

-Grimalkin are considered a sub species of Felidae, so does this mean a seemingly normal Felidae with the right family background can have a Grimalkin child, or a Grimalkin parent have a regular Felidae child? or have Grimalkin sort of broken off as a subspecies all their own?

The former. Probably about 30 years prior.

A Grimalkin is like an albino; it's a rare genetic 'defect'. Any Felidae can be a Grimalkin when they're born, even if their entire family tree up until that point didn't contain one.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=778#p778 Wrote:Someone » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 pm[/url]"]What do the various potions taste like?

What is Brain Food made out of?

Would it be possible to use a PDA to do the incantations of spells?

Medicine.

Seafood.

No.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=915#p915 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am[/url]"]I have not been able to find this covered anywhere on the wiki, so don't throw stones at me if it's already avaible anywhere.

While it's quite obvious that Oniga is quite similiar (read : blatant rip off. *hides*) to our Japan, I've also heard Chaturanga being compared to Central Europe.

Is such applicable? What of the other nations? I am asking mostly for the reason to get a fair idea how their languages sound etc.

What is the Empires view in terms of legality about under-age orphans? Is it perfectly okay to leave an eight year old orphan to fight for life ( Read : Beg for attention and charity from bystanders), or are there some sort of orphanages, or any of the like?

Ryu answered the first one, so.

Usually orphans that the Empire is aware of are directed to the Mercalans, who take care of them or find them surrogate homes. Maria is the example of one such orphan (once upon a time).

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=930#p930 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:54 pm[/url]"]How advanced are the sciences? I know we have engines and mechanations, but is microbiology < or biology in general I suppose > a thing?

Is Alchemy this worlds equivalent of Medical prescriptions or what?

Microbiology is a no. Biology, probably to some degree. Keep in mind this is a world with magic, so any field where magic is applicable is going to have a less developed 'scientific' portion just on the basis of need.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=936#p936 Wrote:Joseph Jostar » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:41 pm[/url]"]So I found myself thinking after a night spent tending to a toothache so awful I had to call in sick from work...

What kind of dental care exists in this world, if any? Are cavities and the like something mercalan arcana could treat if the caster thought it was fine against Mercala's tenets and all that jazz?

Mercana can probably regenerate teeth, yes; though unless it's a serious issue... Doctors can also probably treat it themselves, which is preferable.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=941#p941 Wrote:Ranylyn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 pm[/url]"]Further adding to this:

If an orphan doesn't WANT to be adopted, can someone legally adopt them by force? (Yes, this is a real thing I've seen people trying to do ICly.)

That's kidnapping, so no.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1193#p1193 Wrote:MakeshiftWalrus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 pm[/url]"]Is Legend Extension an actual in-character thing?

If so, how exactly does the process work?

Does it give any in-character benefits or powers, or is it just a title?

I consider Legend Extension an in-character thing to an extent. It's not a literal interpretation, but it's more like what Asha describes it as; your legend has come 'this far', and Legend Extension is a way to show that. By that I mean it's supposed to be a representation of your character's story, and it's not something actually exists ICly.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1375#p1375 Wrote:Chaos » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:39 pm[/url]"]1. Besides Heaven's Contention and the Oniga-Sigrogana War, have there been any other wars that took place in history?

2. Some time ago, you spoke about Divine-type beings having the ability to interfere with Corruption. A few questions about this:
-a. Are only (certain) Gods able to do this, or are certain races/beings outside of Gods also able to perform this?
-b. To what extent do they deal with it? Do they revert the being to whatever race they were before, or turn them into a certain race only, whether by personal choice or simply how things are?
-c. Are they any non-Corruption races that can be affected this way?

3. Assuming that Lazarus is the 'Demon Realm' spoken of in the 'Lazarus Winds' skill.... Is there any basic information about Lazarus, such as the nature of the realm and its inhabitants?

4. Is Ashe in any sort of relationship?

Not major wars. Skirmishes have happened, land has been traded, but that's all in the past.

Only Gods, and only certain gods who aren't around anymore. They could reverse the 'corruption' if it is recent. No, there aren't any non-Corrupted who can be affected this way.

Lazarus isn't a demon realm or anything. Lazarus is a labyrinth which might as well be a demon realm. It's the medium between the outside world and the underworld (yes, this is a real place). But most people don't know anything about it.

Ashe is in a long-term work relationship with Mercala.