Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: November (2015)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
Wyverntouched Questions

Since the answers I found in previous threads were very broad or lacking in terms of specifics, I have a set for this race.

Are Wyverntouched born like normal humans, or are they born from eggs; is there perhaps a difference in this based on the Wyvern parent's gender?

Would A Wyverntouched x Wyvern have a child result in another Wyverntouched, A Wyvern, or a Wyverntouched with a higher potency in it's serpent traits(Would they have longer teeth, maybe scales)?

When previous asked if a two Wyverntouched having a child would result in a human child, it was stated they wouldn't be true Wyverntouched, but still inherit some traits, does these mean they just wouldn't be a true Wyverntouched in namesake, or wouldn't have any of the poison abilities as well as phobia of the cold?

Is poison, specifically their own, fatal to Wyverntouched?
Spooky, scary, Death-metal princess.
"A wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you, if I die, you are forgiven', such is the rule of Honor."
*If a non-elf person somehow, by unknown ways of the Gods, ended up on Mersales, how would the Elven government react? Would they consider it a threat to national security and instantly kill them, or...?
*If they're built for it, is it possible for Mechinations to hold children? (Female ones, with the womb and all...)
*Are there 'mini-tribes' on Egwyn that aren't part of the main beast tribes?
*What happens when a Legume ingrains into a person, or is that not possible?
*Could a Lich make their phlactory (Probably didn't spell that right) into a person, or a mech?
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
In last month's questions, we learned that Spirits are not the same as Souls/Ghosts/etc. So what exactly are Spirits?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
So we know Reapers are about as strong as anyone else. Can they be killed?

How do their horns differ from a Zeran's Crown?

Do they have any evident abilities or features out of the ordinary (other than the ability to direct souls to Lazarus)?

I know things like this (along with Dark Zones and such) aren't exactly public knowledge, but it is possible to find out about them, so should they just be asked here, or in PM, or..?

On the subject of Dark Zones, have anything other than (former) Humans been known to exit them?
In other words, what happens if wildlife or monsters find themselves inside one for whatever reason?

Late Edit: More Dark Zone-related stuff!

How much can Shaitan carapace vary from person to person? I've seen it range from just the fingers, to all the way down to feet, sometimes with a tail, etc.

Are Shaitans generally poor at magic due to the mental stress that comes with being one, or is it some property of their carapace, or..?
Lore: I will slay the stars themselves with a cerberian blade.

What is a cerberian blade, a material? a style of weapon?
Slightly late, but.

How does one go about arresting liches in the Guard? The way the vessels work, it seems like a huge feat to try and pull off.
So, we know that Helondis is the patron deity of the Phenexs, but what about the other Kaelensians? I believe there was a lore blurb once or twice that spoke of there being "Great Ancestors" of each type of Kaelensian or something, but what of their names?
I'm late as well, but I'll ask, how are Clad Mortem Null maintained? Does it require something from the necromancer at all times? And if it did, what would happen if the necromancer were to be knocked out/killed?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10230#p10230 Wrote:Toridorable » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:54 am[/url]"]Wyverntouched Questions

Since the answers I found in previous threads were very broad or lacking in terms of specifics, I have a set for this race.

Are Wyverntouched born like normal humans, or are they born from eggs; is there perhaps a difference in this based on the Wyvern parent's gender?

Would A Wyverntouched x Wyvern have a child result in another Wyverntouched, A Wyvern, or a Wyverntouched with a higher potency in it's serpent traits(Would they have longer teeth, maybe scales)?

When previous asked if a two Wyverntouched having a child would result in a human child, it was stated they wouldn't be true Wyverntouched, but still inherit some traits, does these mean they just wouldn't be a true Wyverntouched in namesake, or wouldn't have any of the poison abilities as well as phobia of the cold?

Is poison, specifically their own, fatal to Wyverntouched?

1) Wyverntouched are born like normal humans.
2) It would result in a Wyverntouched.
3) They wouldn't be a Wyverntouched, although they may have certain muted physical characteristics of the parents. That means no poison and such.
4) It can be.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10338#p10338 Wrote:Clockworkers Doll » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:52 am[/url]"]*If a non-elf person somehow, by unknown ways of the Gods, ended up on Mersales, how would the Elven government react? Would they consider it a threat to national security and instantly kill them, or...?
*If they're built for it, is it possible for Mechinations to hold children? (Female ones, with the womb and all...)
*Are there 'mini-tribes' on Egwyn that aren't part of the main beast tribes?
*What happens when a Legume ingrains into a person, or is that not possible?
*Could a Lich make their phlactory (Probably didn't spell that right) into a person, or a mech?

1) In this extremely hypothetical and almost impossible situation, they would probably put the person on a small boat with some fresh water and bread, put them on the sea and say 'good luck'.
2) No, Mechanations cannot get pregnant and any Mechanation you could even have sex with would be highly unorthodox/taboo.
3) Most likely. It's not a very organized society, after all.
4) If that were to happen then the Legume would probably just absorb the victim's blood through its roots.
5) A living person would likely die from having a foreign object inside of their body. Considering that your arcane essence is going to seek out your phylactery when your vessel gets busted, putting it into a mech isn't very wise either, considering the energy and heat from it would melt the mech.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10387#p10387 Wrote:Slydria » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:58 pm[/url]"]In last month's questions, we learned that Spirits are not the same as Souls/Ghosts/etc. So what exactly are Spirits?

A type of minor spiritual entity.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10389#p10389 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:30 am[/url]"]So we know Reapers are about as strong as anyone else. Can they be killed?

How do their horns differ from a Zeran's Crown?

Do they have any evident abilities or features out of the ordinary (other than the ability to direct souls to Lazarus)?

I know things like this (along with Dark Zones and such) aren't exactly public knowledge, but it is possible to find out about them, so should they just be asked here, or in PM, or..?

On the subject of Dark Zones, have anything other than (former) Humans been known to exit them?
In other words, what happens if wildlife or monsters find themselves inside one for whatever reason?

Late Edit: More Dark Zone-related stuff!

How much can Shaitan carapace vary from person to person? I've seen it range from just the fingers, to all the way down to feet, sometimes with a tail, etc.

Are Shaitans generally poor at magic due to the mental stress that comes with being one, or is it some property of their carapace, or..?

1) They're mortals, so yes.
2) They are white and a bit more bone-like.
3) You will find out at some point.
4) No.
5) Same thing as anyone else.
6) Dramatically.
7) I wouldn't say they're better or worse at magic than anyone else, it's just they have a poor Will growth, representing how their own Will was shattered into a new identity.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10477#p10477 Wrote:Mrgnjr » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 pm[/url]"]Lore: I will slay the stars themselves with a cerberian blade.

What is a cerberian blade, a material? a style of weapon?

A cerberian blade brings to mind a blade with three heads, like Cerberus. What whoever meant in that particular quote is beyond me, though.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10562#p10562 Wrote:Kameron8 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 am[/url]"]Slightly late, but.

How does one go about arresting liches in the Guard? The way the vessels work, it seems like a huge feat to try and pull off.

Yes, it's pretty difficult. I can't give you all the answers, though.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10639#p10639 Wrote:Nytingale » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 am[/url]"]So, we know that Helondis is the patron deity of the Phenexs, but what about the other Kaelensians? I believe there was a lore blurb once or twice that spoke of there being "Great Ancestors" of each type of Kaelensian or something, but what of their names?

No one knows for sure because Egwyn is such a technologically inferior country that they don't have much in the way of written history, but the general assumption from the rest of the world is that they have a patron deity relating to the features they present. Huge beasts have been legends of Egwyn for a long time, so the hypothesis is that those beasts were/are Gods, and the Kaelensia are their 'children', so to speak. Whether or not this is true is unclear, and it's quite possible the Kaelensia of Egwyn are natural, but when you look at Phenex, a fellow Kaelensia, it seems unlikely.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10645#p10645 Wrote:Spoops » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:12 pm[/url]"]I'm late as well, but I'll ask, how are Clad Mortem Null maintained? Does it require something from the necromancer at all times? And if it did, what would happen if the necromancer were to be knocked out/killed?

It's a curse and is typically fuelled by focus, like most magic. Random undead you find usually get that focus from living things or just absorb it naturally through periods of inactivity, which is why you should make sure the corpse you passed in the dungeon was actually a corpse.