Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: January (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
A few questions.

-Would an elf have a general idea of where Mersales was, from when they had left?

-What would be the closest inhabited continent to Mersales?

-Do elves have any general views on vampires?

EDIT: -Do elves from Mersales have their own language? or did they somehow speak common in Mersales?

One more that I'll throw out, but don't expect much of.

-Can we understand just what makes them seemingly ageless yet?
[strike]-Can elves have a 25% will and 10% FAI growth yet?[/strike]
How did Black Knights learn to utilize the Black Wind?

Why doesn't it give them Void Poisoning?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11415#p11415 Wrote:aquadragon97 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:44 pm[/url]"]How did Black Knights learn to utilize the Black Wind?

"The Black Wind is the wind of the Void, so it's quite literal. Being of the Void, it has some unique properties, such as teleportation and such. It's not nearly as dangerous as, say, Voidgates or teleportation, and the heavy armor of the Black Knight often protects them from any negative effects of it. But it is quite literally a black wind."

I couldn't find the answer to the first question, tho.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11433#p11433 Wrote:Egil » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:21 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11415#p11415 Wrote:aquadragon97 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:44 pm[/url]"]How did Black Knights learn to utilize the Black Wind?

"The Black Wind is the wind of the Void, so it's quite literal. Being of the Void, it has some unique properties, such as teleportation and such. It's not nearly as dangerous as, say, Voidgates or teleportation, and the heavy armor of the Black Knight often protects them from any negative effects of it. But it is quite literally a black wind."

I couldn't find the answer to the first question, tho.
That doesn't answer the lore as to why it's less dangerous, or why armor prevents it but not Voidgates/teleportation.
More worm questions.

Where do Pale Lauders come from? They're often found in monsters (and arena combatants for some reason) so, they must get there -somehow-. Unless Tarson wills Pale Lauders into his combatants.

How do Pale Lauders reproduce?

Pale Lauders react explosively when exposed to extreme heat. Why? (also how do they survive being in a Fireblood when it's literally made of fire even though the first question might answer this)

Multiple Pale Lauders seem able to be in one host at a time (even though mechanics dont support this), would this eventually prove fatal if left untreated (assuming other factors like infection didn't kill them first).

What is the lifespan of a Pale Lauder?
-Are there any forms of magic that aren't used for combat? Stuff like levitation and telekinesis, I mean.
-Do all Wyverntouches have their scales in the same place, or can one person have them on their arms and legs and one person having them solely on their back?
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
Hiya, I'm that person that kept asking about the economic situation for Oniga, from way back before that attack on Cellsvich. I recently returned to see how the game's doing, and tried to read through some of the lore and such on the wiki to see how much, if anything, had changed, and I noticed that on Oniga's page, it now said that- because trade is such a vital part of Oniga's continued survival now, and to likely to side-step considerable amounts of debt, and noble families going under, they traded in weapons, and soldiers.

So my questions are as follows,
- With the young going off to fight, and die on foreign soil, are Oniga's businesses now pretty much exclusively run by the old, and incapable, who couldn't be drafted for war, Mulan-style? Are silent, and mournful old men and women doing the jobs that their children and grandchildren once did, but now can't? Do they give foreigners a harsh, suffocating glare, because they wish they could refuse their business, blaming them unjustly for the deaths of their younger family members? Are foreigners confused by these silent, harsh stares that follow them through the streets?
- Is Oniga's situation more desperate than ever, with a growing population of angry old veterans out-living their young, a flagging, exhausted military, and a dwindling armory, preventing them from not only planning raids on other realms for food, and supplies, but also the ultimate desperation move of invading, conquering, and settling in a foreign country?
- Lastly, would it be fair to say that, no matter the quality of the food, most of Oniga is left unhappy about consuming any of it, possibly even starting up a new phrase, or saying; "Food paid for in your family's blood is tasteless.", or something about spending lives, for meals? This question prolly has the most to do with small-time, Onigan RP, whether or not it's acceptable to be ungrateful for the food the Tennou is providing through these exchanges.

I'm not trying to start any drama, or anything- I just think a rebellion in Oniga would be awesome, as an event.
I'm probably well over the allotted amount of acceptable questions, but I'm pretty excited about the political and economical drama surrounding Oniga, and have some additional questions, if that's okay.

- Given how it's political power is probably non-existent after it's failed war, and it's economy went down the tubes, what happens when the military power is completely sapped from their 'rent-an-army', and armory bargain sales methods of supplying the people with food and water? Eventually their soldiers will be too few, or too battered to even try presenting them as a decent fighting force- and though they were once a war-mongering country, I feel like their weapon-stores would be getting hit pretty hard by so many consistent exchanges of food, for weapons. With Oniga powerless, and friendless, will another country step forward to march right into the city, and claim it as their country's property? Will the empire 'politely' conquer it, by sending it's own soldiers to 'keep the peace on behalf of the Tennou', effectively making the emperor the real ruler of Oniga? Or has someone else been eyeing Oniga patiently- like are the Black Knights of Chaturanga interested in incorporating kensei skills, and Onigan tactics into their ranks, and are willing to pillage what's left of Oniga for that? Or is no one even remotely interested in the pretty, cultural economic sink-hole that is Oniga, and everyone's just going to watch it die in poetic silence, for it's old war-crimes? Are there any rumors floating around Oniga, any gossip, about any other countries, or political powers coming to 'save the people', through a hostile take-over, bringing food along with them?

- Did the emperor brush off the assassination attempt, and open trade, solely with the intention of defanging Oniga's flagging military even further, by asking for soldiers, and weapons from it? Was that his actual intention all along- sending their troops to die in black beast attacks, and bandit raids, while stock-piling all their weapons up for his own military's use, to make absolutely sure Oniga was no longer a threat to anyone, ever again? Or did he just genuinely believe it wasn't Oniga, and think 'well, they have these weapons, might as well suggest they trade in those for food'?
A few dumb questions that I came up with here:

- Is it possible to draw on focus or something and summon a weapon (similar to summoning a Youkai, being that it actually takes focus to keep the object manefested as well as actually use it if it has magical properties etc etc?)

- Do any of the Kaelensia share any quirks to that of their animal counterparts? (I know there was a question about Felidae purring that was confirmed, but I'm curious about the other races, like if Corbies can caw, Lupine can howl/snarl/whine etc etc? )

- Can Vampires use large clothing in order to not be affected by the sun (like a large hat providing shade to them, and covering their bodies with a cloak?)

- How do teleport traps work?

- Do Vampires actually produce blood of their own, or do they simply convert whatever blood they drink into their own, since they're undead and all bodily functions have pretty much ceased?
[Image: fcdc982ebf1e89c81a35ebf5b00594000a79e8c2.gif]

Byond Keys: IttyBittyGhostKitty, Kurokonoha, AikoShion, Kassakuro