Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: July (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
"2) I don't know what an 'awakened' mech is, but if you remove the core from their body, they will die. There's no transferring."

Uh, didn't you just say in last month (may)'s lore questions --

"2) About a week. It can last longer but you are looking at 'psychological' damage and eventually the scar dying."

In response to how long a Scar can last outside a body?

So...which one of these statements is true, then? Can you or can you not remove the Scar from a Mechanation without them dying?

By the way you worded the lore questions before it seemed like removing a Scar from a body/tree was roughly the same. Is there any difference aside from the Mech being more developed after actually having had a body?
Why is Item breakdown illegal? I mean, I assume it is since the dude is the "Man who knew too much" and has to operate in Law's End to break stuff down.

Are Science Kits IC in that regard that you can just breakdown gear to it's base components or...?
Can Laplace PDAs send messages to other Laplace PDAs? Does it give people the ability to pseudo text message one another?
While most forms of magic are banned or whatnot within Oniga's walls, how do they look on Mercana being used (to treat wounds and all that)? Is that much acceptable? Also a friend of mine's curious, if the battle zones in a spatial dungeon are supposed to represent some sort of solar system, is there any deeper meaning to the healing rune and mana crystal that always seem to show up?
Why are crucifixes symbols of Mercala? Historically they were used as methods of execution, and while Christianity has ties to them due to Jesus being executed on one, as far as I'm aware the Mercalan faith doesn't have that the to bring together a religion of life and healing and a method of execution.

I could perhaps see the Sun's Ichor using them to execute vampires, but with them being officially denounced, why would the symbol still exist and be tied to Mercala?
Druid questions:

We all know the supposed druids that were believed to have cursed Gold to be the barren wasteland it is now, they would have to be very powerful in their own right to do something like that, how powerful would those druids have to be?

If they were not the only druids, is it possible for druids to exist in current state of Sigrogana? How powerful are they typically?

Just what does a druid do typically in the great six?

What kind of training is needed to become a druid?

Could a player actually play a druid or even a druid in training if they were ever given permission?
Back again with some Curate questions!

Are Curates of other religions possible? Would one dedicated to say, [NATURE GOD HERE] be capable of casting Graft/Rescue/Quickness and things like that with having a bit more flavorful 'trappings' for their deity of choice? ([NATURE GOD]s would be something like a green glow and minty freshness or something. Iunno.)

Tying into that, are all "Mercalan Domain" spells.. inherently tied to Mercala? There's been quite a bit of confusion on this. Distortion, for instance, is a Mercalan Domain spell. As is Apodis or whatever from the Apus or whatever. It just seems that, while not everything with the Hugeossan domain is "Hugeossan" by nature... that the same should likely apply to the Mercalan domain since we have things like Phoenix which... technically aren't Mercalan and more inviting a pseudo-elemental into a flame or whatever which. Really seems like a bad time for everyone.
With the Mercalan faith and such, are there any proper ways to venerate the higher ups other than showing a massive amount of respect?

How would you respect or talk to The Voice or Vajistra properly? What would you do if you found yourself in Mercala's presence beyond 'sit down and shut up'? And so on for church knights or other high-ranking church officials as well?
What would happen if a Naga gave birth to a male? Would it automatically be the gender of the other parent? Would it ever be possible to eventually see male nagas slowly crop up later down the line? I ask because it seems similar to corruption, which can, but doesn't always, pass down, so....
*loud burp*