Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-Abandoning a Village
Recently, the Empire has begun the motions to reintegrate a certain Abandoned Village (that lies near Darkwood Manor) as... well, an actual Village. Guards have already been deployed in the area, but there are still a few things that the Empire has to cover before signatures can meet paper. One of those particular things is who will lead the revived village.

For those who have an interest in such a spot, the Empire is keeping an eye out and their desks open for those who wish to apply. The Empire is particularly looking for those who can handle the concerns of the inhabitants, maintain order and the law of the land, and generally manage day-to-day business to keep the village afloat.

(If your character would apply, post their (IC) response here.)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
A brown caped man with brown hair and a blue suit: "Greetings, my name is Keir Womack and I wish to apply to be mayor of the abandoned town, I had thought to run the village before but realized without any official statements from the empire it would be a power grab of who would be in charge, something I'd rather avoid. I had plans for the place to establish shops, farming, and a school system, as well as the thought to establish trade routes further out when the town is able to self-sustain most of its major needs. I have been a model citizen and have many people who could vouch I listen to the concerns of others and do my best to solve their problems. I also do not have any criminal record as far as I know and have been questioned in the past to help with guard investigations being perfectly compliant to the best of my abilities so maintaining Sigroganan law would be no problem for myself. Thank you for considering me."
A Felidae, one that wears what seems to be a more comfortable version of a maid's uniform, would offer a manila envelope and a dark-tinted bottle of wine called 'The Black Dragon' with a short bow. "My Lady would appreciate a scheduled meeting, if you were looking to personally speak to her. She, instead, sends her regards and a letter."

Inside it read:

"To Whom it May Concern,

News has already reached my ears that a position of leadership needs to be filled. While I only own a small brewery within Cellsvich's walls, and live in my late father's manor in Chaturanga, I feel as though my skills match what you may be looking for. Ever since my father's passing, I have been managing, and helping grow, the De Charron brewery with only a small group of trusted advisers at the most. While a difficult job for a young lady such as myself, the extensive teachings I have been through in my childhood and experiences while I run my company have taught me well.

Administration is not unknown to me either, as I have stayed up many late nights filing taxes, analyzing research data gathered from the public and my private connections, and also conceiving new ideas for my liquor supplies.

Within the establishments I own, I have to keep my employees content with their jobs and in-check so they do not steal not only my wine, but also my secret ingredients. Outside of work, I make sure my housekeepers are properly fed, paid, and in good health. In fact, the main reason I am not standing before you as of now is due to a strange sickness that quite a number of them have been inflicted with. I have been quite worried about their health, so I have opted to attempt to take care of them for the time-being.

As a proud Hyattr, I must warn you of any ideas that I am 'weak-willed' is entirely false. 'Speak softly, yet carry a big stick.' as they say.

Sincerely,

Blanche de Charron
Lady

P.S. Do tell me if you enjoy the wine. While it is something entirely new I have created, I have tasted it myself and find it acceptable to my standards yet would enjoy your feedback. Think of it as also a gift for taking back the village."
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
A familiar pink-haired Leporidae strolls in, flanked by two attentive, suited men. She's wearing an eye-catching tight dress of pink and black, the two colors divided by a wave, and has an ornate floral eyepatch in lieu of her more practical black one.

She quickly identifies the highest-ranking representative present, offering a formal curtsy.

"Good day to you, kind [sir/madam]. My name is Nerium Abrus, but I suppose you may have suspected as much. To be curt, I'm here to apply for the open position.

I have run my own successful business for quite a few years now, and though I may be a simple confectioner, I believe the experience gained, when coupled with my own interest in politics and comprehensive education, makes me a viable candidate for the position.

My... 'predecessor' Keir will submit his own application relatively soon, I'm sure - that is, if he hasn't already. I suppose it's fortunate he wouldn't need to supply his own men to defend the city as I've heard - good grief - rather persistent rumors regarding the leader of his so-called 'militia' being arrested by the Empire; though I know not the finer details, or even if such a claim has any merit.

Regardless, I believe I would do at least as much good for the town as one would expect from a more qualified leader - something I'm sure I would prove if I were given the opportunity. I expect Commander Lamarrion would have a word to put in on my behalf, as well."
A man who many would not recognize would stumble into a building, holding a half-full bottle with a partially scratched-off label. He would be dressed (if the manner of which he was could even be called such) in a brown outfit that suited a huntsman or brigand. His other hand held a bow, which upon closer inspection, and with some archery expertise, one could determine that it was likely a toy bow, due to both the construction and material.

"Hey, Slamm thinks y'should make him this here mayor. After all-..." The man would pause, looking about, noticing the building he had entered was not only the wrong building to submit applications, but in an empty building that was likely once used for storage, long ago abandoned. "Well, fuck me until I barf arrows outta m'eye sockets," the hunter-like man would sputter, wandering off to find the proper building.

Upon the arrival of the correct destination, the man known as Slamm would once more speak to a nearby person, whether it looked like they held any authority or not. "Slamm thinks y'should make him the leader of th'new village or whatever. After all, I'm a noble, and you knows what nobles do: they rule! And, uh, tax people. And use th'right fork."

Contrary to his improper use of his brain, if one were to check, the name known as Maximillion Slamm would indeed be a noble, from a line of nobility that was often mild-mannered and not quite as thuggish as the one currently applying. However, it would also seem that Lord Slamm would be the only living member of the Slamm noble house, and therefore the head of the Slamm house, as regrettable as that might be.

Not bothering to wait for an answer, Lord Slamm would glare at the one he was speaking to, stare at them for a good five seconds, and then turn around to leave, sneakily and swiftly, give or take a few swears and other ill-to-be-used choice words.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
A woman of apparent Chataran descent, wearing an equally Chataran black dress approaches the desk of the Imperial bureaucrat assessing applicants for the newly-resettled village's position of mayor. A formal curtsy is offered before she begins to speak.

"Good evening. I am Silvana Lacoste. I've come to offer my humble application to be administrator of the village adjacent to the Darkwood Manor.

I am matron to the Hallowbrook Orphanage in Oniga, which is nearing its second anniversary. Since its opening I have managed my staff, handled all of the orphanage's administrative duties, directly participated in raising and caring for the children, and recruited a number of volunteers to assist in areas my full-time staff are not specialized in. I have also become experienced at peacefully resolving interpersonal conflicts and keeping daily matters running during times of crisis, the details of the latter situations having been reported to the guard.

While managing adults may be different in terms of rights, responsibilities, maturity, and the potential harm caused by their tantrums, I believe it follows the same general principles as with children. The scale would be larger, of course, but I am no stranger to delegation where necessary. While the appearance may be different upon the surface, the way in which adults and children express their wants and needs to those who provide it are quite similar. My primary desire is to help ensure the town does not break down once more into a state of chaos which requires a large-scale intervention on the part of the guard. The law is an invaluable pillar, and without respect for it and the Emperor the town would devolve into the terrible state Law's End is in.

I thank you for your time. I gladly offer my experience and skill to the needs of the Empire, should it wish for them."
[Image: 34838e9c78aaab4cfa3e2dabd2135899.png]