Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: January (2015)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3182#p3182 Wrote:Blissey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:55 pm[/url]"]Clearly known only to Elves (and Doriads, maybe), what kind of political/ruling/governmental system is implemented actively and most commonly on Mersales? Monarchy? Oligarchy? Theocracy? Elder system somewhat akin to Egwyn?

A bunch of old, old elves rule Mersales, and they're very set in their ways. It's like an Elder system, only all the Elders are in on it, and there's only one 'tribe'. When elves leave Mersales, sometimes it's due to wanderlust, sometimes it's due to Mersales society being so rigid.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3396#p3396 Wrote:Soapy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:12 pm[/url]"]Can we get a few examples of how much Murai is worth, or maybe a rough comparison to real life money?

Compare the price of curry in-game to the price of curry outside the game; that's about the best I can do, considering the value of Murai in-game is also very unpredictable.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3464#p3464 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 pm[/url]"]How long does it take on average for a Zeran's Crown to grow back after being cut off? (This is if they don't have that special disaease.)

A couple months?

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3497#p3497 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:53 am[/url]"]Illusions.

Earth disrupts illusions, but in the case of caster vs caster, is it a simple matter of "lol I'm an apprentice who just learned isendo, bye illusion" or does it come down to a struggle of Aeromancy vs Geomancy and the stronger caster wins?

(Asking for personal reasons since I am sick and tired of people just being dicks about characters trying to RP illusions. "Oh, this character's gender isn't visibly apparent and they're using an illusion to hide their gender when you're spying on them change." "I hit you in the crotch with a fucking earth spike, you HAVE to tell me now!" Like come on, taking all the fun out of everything for selfish OOC reasons, ugh. It's also worth noting that Seto used illusions to disguise EARTH MAGIC as something else, but nope, people don't care about that....)

It depends on the strength of the illusion versus the strength of the earth magic. Sometimes the best you might get is the knowledge that it is an illusion and not what hides beneath it. As for Seto, what he does isn't an illusion.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3806#p3806 Wrote:Tsundere » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 pm[/url]"]NECROMANCY QUESTIONS:

What is considered a 'necromancer' in Sigrogana?
Exactly how taboo is Necromancy? Are there any laws related to it?

ARCANE QUESTIONS:

What are some of the divine languages? Are there names for them?
How familiar are mages with them, typically?
Can an experienced mage engineer their own spells as long as they aren't anything overwhelming?

EDUCATION GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What would be the average amounts of education an adult has in any highly populated region? (Sigrogana, Egwyn, Karaten, Chaturanga, Lordwain, maybe Mersales???)
Does school cost much?

SPIRIT CALLING QUESTIONS:

What does Oniga consider spirit calling/summoners to be? Is considered illegal?

I'm not answering all these because it violates my guideline in the OP, but I'll pick a few that have easy answers.

1) A necromancer is someone who manipulates the dead, either the souls of the dead or the bodies of them.
2) Except in Karaten, the first (souls) is not clear, because it is not immediately offensive. The second (bodies) is 100% taboo which is why necromancers don't mance the necros in towns.

3) Most of the divine languages are tied to the types of creatures that the Gods are, the most common of which is Dragon, Heronic, and Phenexic. The more vocal the type of creature it is, the most common it is to find, which is why birds are way up there.
4) Enough as they need to be to use tomes, as explained in an earlier question.
5) They can, but this is very difficult and runs some inherent dangers. Like playing with chemicals.

6) Reading, writing, math. All of the basic things you need to be able to live.
7) Usually, no. If it's some kind of specialized knowledge, maybe.

8) As long as you don't flaunt it like magic, no. Oniga is aware of supernatural creatures and is even where they got their name. The Mashiama family likely had some influence in how it's perceived.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3810#p3810 Wrote:Ranylyn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 pm[/url]"]Question about Oniga and Magic:

Have they always been against magic, or is it a relatively new thing because of the assassination? I know it's at least intensified since then, but I want to know how it was before.

It only became an issue because of Tennou Myoga's assassination.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3943#p3943 Wrote:MakeshiftWalrus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:27 pm[/url]"]Was the Void always uninhabitable and deadly even before the Gods left it?

Does Zera have any relation at all to Lazarus and the underworld? If this is the case, is that knowledge something researchers of Lazarus could find?

1) No one knows.
2) Not officially.

"Rendar" Wrote:Vampires take Light damage from banqueting a Glykin. You've said that Banquet isn't 'biting your opponent mid-combat.' instead you're stabbing the target with your weapon and sucking out life essence but... if that's true why does only Glykin make you deal < very shitty > light damage? They're the only ones, in lore, that have 'weird blood'. They also don't take the hefty hit penalty whenever they do it to someone from behind.

Why is this? Does a Glykin's 'essence' taste bad, or is it BLESSED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT? It doesn't make much sense.

Also if you aren't 'drinking the blood of your opponent' as you've said in the past, then should this be popping up?

I try to leave things open to interpretation so as not to restrict peoples' RP or give rise to those situations where someone goes '((You're RPing wrong loser.))' mid-scene. But if you require a concrete answer, yes, banquet ultimately boils down to drinking your opponent's blood somehow, someway. Whether you suck it out of them, or stab them and lick the blood off your sword, and so on.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4187#p4187 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 am[/url]"]Questions about Kaelensia/Redtails/ anyone else who has extra appendages compared to straight up humanoids.

How strong/versatile/functional are said appendages? We know wings are capable of flight, but....

- Could a Lupine/Felidae/Grimalkin/Redtail, for example, use their tail to unsheath and hold a dagger without their opponent seeing their hands move for it? Or do they lack the motor skills to control their tail that finely?
- How about Corbie/Phenex/Hyattr wings? Could they be used as a shield of sorts in the same way you'd use your arms to protect your face, or would attacks smash right through them?)
- Could someone realistically restrain them by grabbing them by the wings (again, the way they might go for the arms) or are they weak enough they'd just be torn off?
- If smashed, how crippling would the pain be? Is it more like having hair pulled, or the same as shattering the bones in your primary limbs?

1) Depends on the dagger design. Maybe? Would it actually be a threat? Probably not. Lupine and Redtail tails are thicker and less mobile, though, so this might only apply to Felidae-types.
2) Absolutely. Depends on the attack. I probably wouldn't try it when someone is swinging a mace at me, but if it were some kind of fire stream and I'm a Phenex, I'm definitely raising my wings to block it. There does exist wing armor to protect the important bits of wings too, which can make them more durable.
3) It'd probably be like grabbing a really lanky arm, so yeah. You likely wouldn't be able to tear it off (feathers maybe, but the wings themselves, no).
4) If you're breaking the actual wing itself, it'd hurt as bad as if your arm were broken. If you're plucking feathers, it'd probably be like pulling hair.