Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: January (2015)
Clearly known only to Elves (and Doriads, maybe), what kind of political/ruling/governmental system is implemented actively and most commonly on Mersales? Monarchy? Oligarchy? Theocracy? Elder system somewhat akin to Egwyn?
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Can we get a few examples of how much Murai is worth, or maybe a rough comparison to real life money?
How long does it take on average for a Zeran's Crown to grow back after being cut off? (This is if they don't have that special disaease.)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Illusions.

Earth disrupts illusions, but in the case of caster vs caster, is it a simple matter of "lol I'm an apprentice who just learned isendo, bye illusion" or does it come down to a struggle of Aeromancy vs Geomancy and the stronger caster wins?

(Asking for personal reasons since I am sick and tired of people just being dicks about characters trying to RP illusions. "Oh, this character's gender isn't visibly apparent and they're using an illusion to hide their gender when you're spying on them change." "I hit you in the crotch with a fucking earth spike, you HAVE to tell me now!" Like come on, taking all the fun out of everything for selfish OOC reasons, ugh. It's also worth noting that Seto used illusions to disguise EARTH MAGIC as something else, but nope, people don't care about that....)
*loud burp*
NECROMANCY QUESTIONS:

What is considered a 'necromancer' in Sigrogana?
Exactly how taboo is Necromancy? Are there any laws related to it?
What is the limit of what can be accomplished with necromancy?
Is there any lore related to necromancers? Were there ever historical necromancers?

ARCANE QUESTIONS:

What are some of the divine languages? Are there names for them?
How familiar are mages with them, typically?
Can an experienced mage engineer their own spells as long as they aren't anything overwhelming?
How does mage education go?

EDUCATION GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What would be the average amounts of education an adult has in any highly populated region? (Sigrogana, Egwyn, Karaten, Chaturanga, Lordwain, maybe Mersales???)
Does school cost much?
What levels of schooling exist across continents? (grade school, high school????)

SPIRIT CALLING QUESTIONS:

What does Karaten consider summoners to be?
What beings can be contacted with spirit calling? We know youkai, but is there anything else?
Were there ever any particularly renowned summoners?
What does Oniga consider spirit calling/summoners to be? Is considered illegal?
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
I forget if this has been answered, and I didn't notice it while skimming the archive thread:

Question about Oniga and Magic:

Have they always been against magic, or is it a relatively new thing because of the assassination? I know it's at least intensified since then, but I want to know how it was before.
*loud burp*
Was the Void always uninhabitable and deadly even before the Gods left it?

Does Zera have any relation at all to Lazarus and the underworld? If this is the case, is that knowledge something researchers of Lazarus could find?
Vampires take Light damage from banqueting a Glykin. You've said that Banquet isn't 'biting your opponent mid-combat.' instead you're stabbing the target with your weapon and sucking out life essence but... if that's true why does only Glykin make you deal < very shitty > light damage? They're the only ones, in lore, that have 'weird blood'. They also don't take the hefty hit penalty whenever they do it to someone from behind.

Why is this? Does a Glykin's 'essence' taste bad, or is it BLESSED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT? It doesn't make much sense.

Also if you aren't 'drinking the blood of your opponent' as you've said in the past, then should this be popping up?

--- ROUND 1 ---
Y's turn.
X's turn.
X attacks Y with Bare Fists and hits them!
Resist! Y takes 0 Darkness damage.
The golden blood of a Glykin assaults you as you try to swallow it, causing you to burn with a divine pain!
X takes 9 Light damage.
Questions about Kaelensia/Redtails/ anyone else who has extra appendages compared to straight up humanoids.

How strong/versatile/functional are said appendages? We know wings are capable of flight, but....

- Could a Lupine/Felidae/Grimalkin/Redtail, for example, use their tail to unsheath and hold a dagger without their opponent seeing their hands move for it? Or do they lack the motor skills to control their tail that finely?
- How about Corbie/Phenex/Hyattr wings? Could they be used as a shield of sorts in the same way you'd use your arms to protect your face, or would attacks smash right through them?)
- Could someone realistically restrain them by grabbing them by the wings (again, the way they might go for the arms) or are they weak enough they'd just be torn off?
- If smashed, how crippling would the pain be? Is it more like having hair pulled, or the same as shattering the bones in your primary limbs?
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2971#p2971 Wrote:Nytingale » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:46 pm[/url]"]I've a question which has been raised compliments of an in-game "Lore Blurb" I received once:

The "Lore-Blurb":
Creatures such as dragons and wyverns are very much feared, even if they the former is scarce. Dragons are said to have been born from the spirit of the 'true' dragon, which many scholars believe to have been a God. This spirit was trapped inside an artifact called the Dragon Mirror, which was destroyed during the massive world-shaking that occured during The Enlightenment. Each shard of the mirror released the dragon's spirit all at once, but as it was shattered, each piece isolated a different aspect of the Dragon God, irreversably dividing his power among many refractions, leading to the different types of dragons that exist today.

What I Know:
From what I understand, The Enlightenment was basically when the Gods revealed themselves to the world and came from the Void. They taught humans many things as a result and became patron deities for their respective races. That being said, I've always been under the impression that ALL Gods arrived during The Enlightenment but... This does not seem to be the case? I also assumed the Lore surrounding the Fox Deity to be mainly Myth or some "Lesser-God" who came during The Enlightenment, given that there's no clear Lore on its origin (none that I know of at least).

Questions:
1) - If we're to assume the "True Dragon" is indeed a God, does that mean that not all the Gods arrived during The Enlightenment?
2) - If all of the Gods didn't arrive during The Enlightenment (or from the Void), then how exactly did The Dragon God become entrapped in a Mirror?
3) - Does this imply that maybe, there are some "Otherworldly Beings" which are not necessarily Gods like the others?
4) - For that matter, what TRULY defines a being to be referred to as a God in the first place as the "Lore Blurb" only somewhat suggests that maybe the "True Dragon" is a God.

1) It would seem to imply that, yes. The Kaelensia Great Beasts also existed before The Enlightenment, which some scholars also theorize are Gods. These scholars could be full of it, however, so there's no way to be sure.
2) That's a story from pre-history and is mostly formed on speculation, but it's assumed that this 'dragon god' was sealed away by the Druids, since it seems unlikely that mortals would have that kind of ability, especially pre-Enlightenment.
3) Maybe.
4) Gods are usually defined by being unique, magnificent beings, but there's some measure of debate until you have a race of followers. Dragons are no longer Gods, and can be encountered rarely, although there is at least one Dragon God we know about (Hyattr). Yes, it's very confusing, but that's what these people have set up for themselves.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2996#p2996 Wrote:RoboCat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:01 pm[/url]"]Does the silence effect mute its victim physically?

Depends on the silence. It can be a physical impairment or it can be a 'scared silent' deal.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3014#p3014 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:23 am[/url]"]Could we get a bit more specifics on how magic itself works? (Go go vague questions)

I mean, they're verbal. Is anything else necesary to cast spells? Like. . feeling inner energy as I channel it to my fingertips or something along the lines. . or. . .how?

Is magic just manipulation of elements to our will, or is it more along the lines that spells have specific names and specific effects/behaviour. (Like if it'd be ICly normal to say "Cast sear on that goblin!" )

Depends on the spell. Not all spells are verbal, such as Silent Prayer. Spells can also be broken down into several categories, such as 'arcane' (which is more knowledge based) or 'spiritual' (which is more based on belief/feelings/curses/etc). Usually you have to command the magic towards a certain target or location by pointing with your body (like a hand, or a staff). At its core, all magic boils down to is manipulating focus inside of your body into a desired result. Spells are somewhat like a 'recipe' or a set of instructions to achieve a desired result. The process for developing new spells is rather complicated and requires mastery in a lot of non-mortal languages, which you do need to understand -some- of anyway to be a typical arcane mage (as they are typically what fill up your tomes), but it's like the difference in how to say 'have a good day' and 'I do so hope your day is most exquisite my good sir'.

You only learn what you need if you just want to use tomes; trying to develop new spells goes far beyond that, is what I'm trying to say, basically.

Spiritual types of magic are less predictable, like the Hexer's spells for the most part. It has less understanding on the side of the caster about exactly what and how they're doing; they only really know the result, and that can change in some rare circumstances, like if the spirit they've woken up is not feeling cooperative or just doesn't like the caster. And so on.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3070#p3070 Wrote:Normal Username » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 am[/url]"]So, still on the topic of hexers (or somewhat related to them).

What god do the hexers 'worship' or view as a patron, if there's any?

And you mentioned 'Death Knighting' as a mixture of possession and enchantment, does that mean that it has a chance for the user to lose control and instead do what the spirit bids? And just how CLOSE is Death Knighting to a REAL possession?

This depends on the Hexer.

All types of possession run that risk, yes, Installing Youkai included. And it's close, but not extremely, because a 'real' possession means bending your will to the possesser, which you don't do when you Death Knight.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3081#p3081 Wrote:Stenzio » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 pm[/url]"]In the Lore Blurbs, it has talked about Zeran Priests once before. Though Zera did perish (and by lore standards has some conspiracy of his eventual return), would it be safe to assume that there are Church Knights to enforce ideals of Zera? Or carry out what will was made known much like how Mercalan Church Knights do? And if so, what is their ultimate goal?

In some manner, would a type of punishment in Alstalsian society for a Zeran be lobbing off part of, or all of their crown? Of course it grows back, but curious given how highly they respect and regard them.

Not officially but the Zeran 'religion' has its share of extremeists. Zeran society in general is much less about 'worship' and more about 'retaining the connection/ideals'. They do have priests, which are called shamans, but Zeran religion is not really the sermon-y type, like the Mercalan Church. They are more about adoration, idolizing Zera, by building statues, having treasures made from his corpse be the treasure of your family, and so on. (Not to say that there aren't Zerans like that and that if you're playing them that way you're wrong, just that the 'majority' are this way.)

No, they'd chop off your head before they did that. The Crown is sacred. It's a gift from Zera. Harming it in any way (intentionally) is absolutely unacceptable, because it's spitting on his gift, which is blasphemy. Now, if your Crown gets wrecked in battle, that's great, because Zera's Crown also experienced the fierceness of the battlefield and suffered similar damage, and whatever brings us closer to Him is excellent. But if you're harming it to prove a point or as punishment, if you're a Zeran, you'll probably be seen as a heretic by your Zeran peers.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3092#p3092 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:44 pm[/url]"]What is The Arena's regulation on fights? How far are they allowed to go before it's considered something unlawful?

When the opponent yields, the fight is over. It's that simple. If they can't or don't yield, if they lose the ability to (such as going unconscious), the fight is also over.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3109#p3109 Wrote:Kavoir » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:49 am[/url]"]At what point does a place get a mage guild with teleportation? Can I private organization get one?

Most of the point of the Mage's Guild existing is for teleportation purposes, so very shortly after operations begin, most likely.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3159#p3159 Wrote:Blissey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:30 am[/url]"]Is Darkness (physical and magical damage) wholly congruent with Void Darkness Damage or are the two not exclusively mutual and just similar?

The Void and Darkness damage have nothing to do with each other; the Void Assassin skills just use Void Energy to power them. Pretty much none of the damage types have this sort of exclusivity, either.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3169#p3169 Wrote:Ardratz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:38 pm[/url]"]Well since, 'in theory', Enma is the Judge who determines where you go after you die, this brings up the question of what possible places are there for you to go to, also are there any deties, known or assumed, who rule over these areas as well?

No one knows for sure, but those in the know would say your soul goes to the center of Lazarus when you die. There, you either try to find your way out, or to the underworld (where your soul can rest). The difficulty of either depending on how good of a person you were in life, since the maze is rather vengeful like that. Of course, this could just be a bunch of nonsense. The only thing known for sure is that Lazarus exists and that's where the Reapers are.