Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspiration Tournament (31st)
[Image: QxbNUUz.png]

Inspiration Tournament

Fliers have been spread around Cellsvich and other Sigroganan cities advertising a tournament of battle. Teams of two are invited to participate in a single elimination bracket tournament at the Awateru Estate west of Cellsvich. The prize pool is advertised at one hundred asagos per participant on the winning team and an extra pot of one hundred asagos for someone to commit to some feat that impresses the benefactor of the tournament, Hatsune Awateru. Dullahan and Liches are requested to not join this tournament.

All healing is allowed. Potions and mercana (up to the user's willingness).
Singular duels may be called in favor of one side or the other if time becomes a limiting factor and delaying is the only tactic one side has.

(Location: West Cellsvich District)
(Time: 5 PM Central Timezone on Friday the 31st of January)
(For time's sake, turn timers will be set to 1 minute if more than 14 participants show up, 3 minutes otherwise. You can post while the other three people take their turns)
(The following post is permissible by FaeLenx, the OP of this thread. This is not posted without permission in this thread. Please don't @ me, I'll 1v1 you IRL.)

An ornate and eye-catching message is placed directly below the tournament advertisement, potentially drawing the eyes of Mercalan followers, tourney goers, and the non-faithful alike. It seems to be set pretty stubbornly, too.

Greetings and salutations, my Mercalan brothers and sisters, and transient adventurers,

In regards to the esteemed house of Awateru hosting the Inspiration Tournament and allowing the usage of Mercana, let it be known that the non-essential, non-emergency usage of Mercana can spell a potential warning from the Church if it is reported to the Church of Lispool. As it is known, Her Radiance and the Church do not see the usage of Mercana in events such as these as traditional and copacetic to the divine law set by Our White Lady.

As such, I behoove all Mercalans and non-Mercalans with an affinity for Mercana, do not use Mercana during this tournament. This is not an official warning. This is a request. However, if reported and escalated, it could become an official warning -- likely presented by a Church Knight. I have already informed the Church that this event is taking place, and that Mercana is -- although not explicitly endorsed -- being condoned. All complacent parties are liable to a potential warning.

Be wise.

Blessed be,
Mavis Haemin
High Priestess of Mercala
Church of Lispool
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)