Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc
[Image: tumblr_pdwx2yMKAo1uxrf48o1_640.gifv]

Quote:
The world almost ended a week ago or two, yet here I am choosing to be by myself while many people that I know celebrate the year with parties and mourn the dead. Not even a word to he who pictured the both of us as siblings. Part of the continent was filled with talks of gratitude for the life we were given and speeches about how we should remember our mortality, some still mulling about the question of who should get the larger share of the dessert. Same old, different day. Everyone's suddenly a poet these days, but whatever. It feels as though a lot of things are changing, yet static at the same time. I don't know, maybe I haven't heard enough to be fully in the know on what changed and what remained.

All the fighting that I and the rest of the adventuring community have to do is slowly coming to a close. Even go as far as to think that the day that Strega falls would be the day that my medical records stop going through the roof, which kind of makes me wonder if there's an external force out there keeping me from ever drawing another breath. Anyhow, that's what I thought during the course of all the conflict. Given the talk about plans and schedules, I figured that they probably thought the same as I do and are choosing to go back to the way that things are to enjoy whatever the continents have to offer while they still have time. If anything we experienced in the war is like how the storybook does it, we'd have some form of conclusion to end the narrative with. Obviously, that's not how the whole thing works. It's just one big chapter done and the beginning of another, continuing the cycle.

The war is over and things are slowly returning to normalcy. Still, what would become of the world after everything that had happened? I might as well still be fighting, it's all I know and what I enjoyed at aside from playing fortune teller with tarot cards or lurking around places that I haven't known. There is a wide array of emotions to be felt in the heat of a moment, something I can't deny even if the actions that I'd be willing to take are about achieving something of great importance. A bit too uncivilized and backward, maybe. Not quite sure whether or not they're going to make any difference if we can still accept that almost everyone that we fought is still a living being. Too lofty? I suppose, but if doing that keeps me sane? I don't think I'd be asking too many questions.

It feels satisfying... in a strange way, returning to the Estate. It reminds me of that one time when she told me about how we are all going to return from the war and all of this is going to be just a collective set of bad memories... that we'll somehow be fine in the end. The last time I came here with her words in mind, it all escalated quickly and I'm honestly having trouble understanding the 'why' of Cornelius coming after us and/or her. Well, what's done is already done. As weird and contradictory as she is and her history, I think her tendency to feel down and putting up a brave face not long after is rubbing off on me. The war probably kind of amplified that. Honestly, I'm not sure if I am still the same person as I once was a long time ago. Even less so, if it's a positive change or not.

Everyone else made returning from war a bit too easy after everything that they've gone through, was this just another day in the field for them? Garrett spoke about how he doesn't have anything cooked up if the miracle that we're all still alive happened, so relaxed and uncaring about what'd lie ahead. And Sean is already talking about getting together with his beloved, while seriously fatigued in the battle through countless waves of hostile dusk mutants no less. I suppose it's... admirable, for both of them, to be able to move seamlessly through the drama without putting as many thoughts into the whole thing. Hah! All the learning about life and people from the closest of my companions and here I am, still nothing to show for it.

And so, the world moves on fairly quickly. Probably with the biggest sigh of relief that they can muster too. To them, the Strega and Black Falcon movements are just another one of those issues that we've written off the list about many other things that still needed solving. Deriving from what's been said on the conversation with.. a certain someone, I have to wonder if anything in that figurative list can be solved one at a time... would it be wise to interfere? Oh, and... I don't think I can trust how the situation might appear to be on the surface. Many possibilities in the distant future, of how things would play out. As for the detail of what I see, I'm unsure. I'll just hope that the time we have for the rest and recuperation doesn't make us lazy. Naturally, though? I'm... relieved.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hiazro's post:
  • Blissey, FancyCyclops, Fern

Messages In This Thread
Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Fern - 06-11-2021, 01:24 AM
Epilogue - by Fern - 07-12-2021, 01:38 AM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Autumn - 07-12-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Kyro - 07-13-2021, 01:02 AM
The Church's Address - by Blissey - 07-13-2021, 01:15 AM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Hiazro - 07-14-2021, 03:44 PM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Rexan - 07-13-2021, 05:37 AM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Lokus - 07-13-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: Black Falcon & Strega: Final Arc - by Aqua - 07-17-2021, 10:13 PM