Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Guessing Game
In this thread, we list two generic fantasy narrative tropes/clichés, or SL2 tropes if you want. One that you like, and one that you dislike. But without specifying which one is which. The next poster guesses which trope is which, then lists their own pair.

I'll start.

Adventurer's Guilds
Thieves Guilds
You totally like the Adventurer's Guild, a dislike the Thieves Guild

Okay mine:
Monster Hunting
Tournaments
[Image: nfxQVrc.png]
Quote:You totally like the Adventurer's Guild, a dislike the Thieves Guild

Deja has been bamboozled. To me, adventurer's guilds almost always feel kind of artificial rather than something a culture would naturally evolve. Thieves guilds can be silly if they're too 'official' but oftentimes they're more like organized crime syndicates, which is rad.

I'll leave answering Deja's post to someone else so this thread doesn't become a back and forth. This isn't exactly meant to be a formal game, people can just post what they want.
(09-04-2021, 08:35 PM)Turadis Wrote:
Quote:You totally like the Adventurer's Guild, a dislike the Thieves Guild

Deja has been bamboozled. To me, adventurer's guilds almost always feel kind of artificial rather than something a culture would naturally evolve. Thieves guilds can be silly if they're too 'official' but oftentimes they're more like organized crime syndicates, which is rad.

I'll leave answering Deja's post to someone else so this thread doesn't become a back and forth. This isn't exactly meant to be a formal game, people can just post what they want.
pensive, turadoot is a bad boy
[Image: nfxQVrc.png]
You hate tournaments. You like monster hunting.

It's hard for me to think of any tropes I actually dislike. A lot of them can be bad, but a lot of tropes (bar ones that die due to racial/sexist/etc prejudices) can be made to work well. After all, tropes are tools and they're made to make writing- the writing is what's usually bad, not the trope.

Actually, scratch that. Just thought of an easy one.

Loli 1,000-Year-Olds
Mighty Glaciers
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
You like Mighty glacier

You hate 1.000 years old Loli

I HOPE !!

Here I go

Antags with redemption arc
Antags without redemption arc
[-] The following 1 user Likes lalchi's post:
  • Sawrock