Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvaran Ink, for excess Cypelle
I would like to suggest that Cypelle be able to be traded in for inks, or Divine/Vorpal enchanting catalysts. ICly, it fits with how Cypelle is already used to enhance a character, and OOCly, people do not like the idea of having to grind for 6+ hours when they need to cap out a trade, or fix their stat distribution.

I would suggest something like 50 Cypelle for an ink, and 100 Cypelle for Divine/Vorpal catalyst, to fit in with 2 inks being equal to them on Sigrogana proper.
[-] The following 9 users Like Tana's post:
  • Akame, Blissey, Fern, Lewdcifer, Miller, Sawrock, Senna, Shujin, SpaceShibe
Since we have no asago ink quests and Progression speed is still very fast anyway, I see no real harm in it.

Its always super awkward OOCly to run into someone, wanting to PvP and be like "Oh wait you are in the middle of an LE..." Kinda never feels right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Sawrock
I'd be up for this in term of a idea, it makes use of the cypelle especially for the excess amount people gather when they go through the stuff Nemlyth offers as it stands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dezark's post:
  • Sawrock
Definitely worth considering, specially since Cypelle stops being as useful after you unlock all Nemalyth options, so this would help keep reason to get it by a lot too.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Definitely worth considering, but I'd probably suggest steeping the cost as large as 100 Cypelle for an ink, since it builds up over time pretty well if you're actively looking for it, and LEing should still be considered an option for getting inks too.
I second that. 100 Cypelle seems like a good compromise.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I personally disagree with LEing being a needed mechanic. It really never provides anything useful for the RP experience, only causes things to artifically postpone scenes to people OOCly saying "yeah lets have this scene we wanted now, but later once its fairer!" or worse.

It was a useful mechanic back then when we had growth rates, now adays I do not see real value in it, outside of resetting your stats if you messed up.

If the progression system was different I might argue for it, but as it stands its more often an inconvenience for the RP experience than actually provides. so I doubt you really need to have the costs that high, it just forces people to hop and dive in every single dungeon. -> I do not think its fun to overprice it.
[-] The following 6 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Akame, Lewdcifer, Lolzytripd, Miller, Sawrock, Shadbase
It sells more brainfood.

Seriously though, since I do have more to add. 100 per ink is too much. LE is an awful experience, a massive grind where you retread the same content over and over. It detracts from the time spent roleplaying, and it offers truly awkward circumstances for situations such as what was mentioned above. Legend Extension is useful to rebuild your character, and inks could still exist, but adding in a method to gain them outside of LE would be best. In Sigrogana, the economy is in shambles and a murai sink is needed anyways. In Korvara, Cypelle currently has the worth of a used gum wrapper and people are stacking hundreds, meaning new content will either need to COST hundreds and bar new players or characters out of it or everyone will be done with it shortly after starting.
(07-11-2022, 10:42 PM)FaeLenx Wrote: It sells more brainfood.

Seriously though, since I do have more to add. 100 per ink is too much. LE is an awful experience, a massive grind where you retread the same content over and over. It detracts from the time spent roleplaying, and it offers truly awkward circumstances for situations such as what was mentioned above. Legend Extension is useful to rebuild your character, and inks could still exist, but adding in a method to gain them outside of LE would be best. In Sigrogana, the economy is in shambles and a murai sink is needed anyways. In Korvara, Cypelle currently has the worth of a used gum wrapper and people are stacking hundreds, meaning new content will either need to COST hundreds and bar new players or characters out of it or everyone will be done with it shortly after starting.

100 per ink is not too much imo, you can circle the continent collecting cypelle and doing bosses, and given that they respawn every 3 in game hours you can keep repeating the circuit to get more and more cypelle, it should be a reward for doing the content and staying vigilant in hunting down the cypelle spawns rather than anything else, in like an hour you could probably farm up about 40-50 cypelle, but the difference between that and the ink quests is that the ink quests are limited.

At least early on into Korvara's life cycle, we should consider the cost to be steep or not even be there at all, that's my opinion anyway. Then you can lessen the curve later when most people have their levels situated, and you want to lessen the gap between new characters and currently existing ones.
But is that fun?

I agree with steep or not there at all though.

though SL2 progression might as well not be there at all, with how fast and easy it is, thats why I go to the "Not there at all" option faster.