Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mist Armor goes down too fast
(08-07-2022, 02:33 AM)Snake Wrote: I'm not asking for it to be given armor

You are though? Compare the difference in armor after around 5 for both potential mist armors.

Edit: It could be 30 armor and lose 4 every turn without gaining ANY evade and it would still be some really good armor.
Round 1

30 / 30

Round 2

26 / 27

Round 3

22 / 24

Round 4

18 / 21

Round 5

14 / 18

Round 6

10 / 15

Round 7

6 / 12

Round 8

2 / 9

Round 9

-2 / 6

Round 10

-2 / 3

Round 11

-2 / 0

I personally don't think it'd be that much a problem. If anything I'm way more inclined to hear Amber saying that the build up is fine solely for the 'wait out' counterplay in 1v1 scenarios, over hearing that the difference between 4 to 3 buildup is game-breaking.

What's glaring here is just how this scales down the moment Round 4 hits and it stops being any more effective than a basic Terrasque Shell in terms of durability offered. (Don't forget this has 0 Armor/Magic Armor by default, and by then you'll be afflicted by your enemy's DEF debuffs/Burn due to explosion spam). But, if people like this as the best new mutation torso for dodgetanking, who am I to say otherwise.

Case closed on this, at least on my end since I'm outnumbered. T'was a good discussion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(08-07-2022, 03:56 AM)Snake Wrote:
Round 1

30 / 30

Round 2

26 / 27

Round 3

22 / 24

Round 4

18 / 21

Round 5

14 / 18

Round 6

10 / 15

Round 7

6 / 12

Round 8

2 / 9

Round 9

-2 / 6

Round 10

-2 / 3

Round 11

-2 / 0

I personally don't think it'd be that much a problem. If anything I'm way more inclined to hear Amber saying that the build up is fine solely for the 'wait out' counterplay in 1v1 scenarios, over hearing that the difference between 4 to 3 buildup is game-breaking.

What's glaring here is just how this scales down the moment Round 4 hits and it stops being any more effective than a basic Terrasque Shell in terms of durability offered. (Don't forget this has 0 Armor/Magic Armor by default, and by then you'll be afflicted by your enemy's DEF debuffs/Burn due to explosion spam). But, if people like this as the best new mutation torso for dodgetanking, who am I to say otherwise.

Case closed on this, at least on my end since I'm outnumbered. T'was a good discussion.

You are looking at this the wrong way, your argument that a Terrasque Shell outscales a Mist Armor on round 4 is simply not true. Terrasque Shell's base armor is 5, and Mist Armor's is 0, this means that in order for Terrasque Shell to beat Mist Armor in armor granted, you would need less than 5 armor, so at 7 rounds, Mist Armor is finally beat by Terrasque Shell.

I believe you are looking at this as if Mist Armor cannot obtain any base armor just on its own, and exists at 0 permanently somehow, but it is a VERY respectable armor despite not having a base amount of armor, as it is Metal and Heavy Armor, granting it access to a lot of armor upgrades.

Mist Armor takes a full 8 rounds to tick down to 0 Armor, that is plenty of time, you need to compare the armor it gives against any other armor's BASE amount, as it can obtain all the upgrades other armor pieces can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
My personal problem might just be Ether as its material I think, I'll need to tweak things around a bit. The lack of a test server ™ letting me not see this armor as its best has been clouding my judgment.

Many apologies-
Update: Yeah, the armor is alright. Just needs the -2 Armor to be fixed, since that's a bug.