Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hourly trap and hole wiping.
I saw Cellsvich was literally covered with an obnoxiously large amount of traps. So I got to thinking, that's going to make people feel weird when they rp in that area, and that the same thing can be done at basically any time.

I suggest making the traps disappear every IC hour worth of time after being set to keep things clean since folks probably wont get tired of writing with traps or filling up areas now that they can.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Or how about just making it so that you can remove traps that have been set down?

If someone goes through the trouble of being a dick, they deserve to make someone else miserable.
Hey, if somone sets a ton of traps down, you can surely steal their unused traps. Right? : o)
I'm more thinking along the lines of people getting smacked over their heads if they do something as dumb as that in a guard populated area. Towns, arena, etc.
(Read : Inability to do so, or actual damage and loss of the trap.)
I'm actually cool with it as is. If it makes people uncomfortable RPing there, maybe people will finally start RPing in places besides Cellsvich/ Arena/ their own homes. Literally every other place is always WAY too barren, so encouraging people to meet up in other cities is a good thing.
*loud burp*
I think being able to dismantle those traps sounds fine to me. Maybe with a chance of them setting off in your face if you botch it like dungeon traps.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Oh just like. A limit on how many traps you can have on the ground at once. ??
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
I don't think it makes much sense to suddenly set a trap in the middle of Cellsvich because I feel like being a dipsh- a person with very strange, immature and poor sense of humor when there's guards everywhere. "Hey what the fuck are you doing there?" "Oh, just you know, setting this massive beartrap capable of manslaughter here in grass." "Oh that's okay. Oh look, a kid is running here, quick let's hide and watch it get killed/mutilated."

And if we're to treat them as OOC, I don't see a single reason why they should be placable outside of dungeons either.

It just doesn't make any sense to me what-so-ever and doesn't add anything and it's rather atmosphere ruining.

And argument to scatter the playerbase is rather out of place and the desire to do that is detrimental as well.

Being able to swiftly salvage and remove them would be pretty neat.
I like the idea of anyone being able to remove other people's traps. Better than my original one in-fact. Though I think that if they're outside of a dungeon they should not damage players who try to take them. Sort of like how teleport traps work in the Jammer cave or something similar to that.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
There are a few changes in the next version that will help this issue.