Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Well, Well.
I thought this was strange when interacting with wells, and buckets (seeing as you can use a well to fill a bucket).

When you double click the well by itself, you get this message;

The well seems low. If it were raining, you could probably get some water easily.

But, when you use the bucket on the well, regardless of how "low" it is;

You use the Empty Bucket.
You fill up the bucket with water.

What strikes me, is that if water is not as plentiful in that well because it hasn't rained, why am I getting water still? (Unless it gives me less uses because it doesn't have a lot of water.)

What I think is more realistic, is if either, the number of uses you get from wells depends on how much water it is, or, if you couldn't get any water if it hasn't rained in a while. But right now, it seems a little contradictory to have one source say one thing, and then another say something different.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Uh. What the hell kind of sense does this make.

The reason you are able to get water from the well by using an empty bucket is because you are attaching the bucket to the mechanism that allows you to lower the bucket into the water. Considering that this is a major city, the fact that you can get as much water as you want from the well shouldn't be surprising, since a relatively large amount of fresh water is necessary to fuel a growing town.

The reason you can't just reach down and grab water is because wells are usually pretty deep pits. Unless you have stretchy extendo-arms, you can't reach.
That's not what's going on at all.

To put it simply;

No rain = no water. So how am I getting water FROM the well if there's not enough for me to get?

The suggestion is saying; depending on the level of water in the well, is how many uses the bucket gets, instead of the standard of 5 we get now (despite the well being "low&quotWink. So if it's "low" you won't be getting as much as when the well has more water in it.

For the record, this was also at the Nameless Shrine's well, which is the same /obj as the well in Cellsvich.

Even so, logically, if the well isn't getting water from the rain, how the Hell are you getting water that isn't there? The well's water level should be dependant on how often it has rained recently, not be all tsundere and go; "well I don't have a lot because rain-kun is being a jerk, but here have some anyway, s-stupid."
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

The well seems low, not empty. What Bjarn said makes sense. And if what your saying, Ryu, is the case, then water tiles AND the high well should be giving more, rather than the low well giving less, since water tiles indicate infinite water (oceans, etc). Or maybe we just need Bigger Buckets.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
That may be in some cases, but the biggest concern is, wells are always low. And you always get the same amount regardless of how low it is. Logically, wells wouldn't be infinite sources of water; and if there's a drought, or if it's been used too much, it's going to run out if there's no rain anytime soon.

That's pretty much what I'm getting at.