Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minotaur Labyrinth Dark Shards
In light of the recent update a reason was given to actually try to fight mobs in the Minotaur Labyrinth.

I am all for this. The only problem right now is that with the drop rate seeming to be the same on all the mobs in the Minotaur Labyrinth compared to say, a Jaki Imp that was added to the same pool, there still stands very little reason you'd want to subject yourself to over 6-7x the eHP per mob for the same rewards (while having a non-negligible chance of failing the encounter if you weren't well prepared).

So I suggest this:

Make the Dark Shard drop rate on Wild Kerberos, Minotaur Masteraxe, Minotaur Spearman, and Hungry Fungus a base 75% instead of the presumably 5% all mobs that had Dark Shards added to their drops got.

This would provide greater incentive for those target farming Dark Shards, and make it so that those only wanting to farm for Dark Shards don't need to go invade far easier dungeons to obtain them in a reasonable amount of actual time, and thus make life harder for those who want to farm for EXP or certain 10 stars.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • caliaca, Toffee
I ran through a few runs of the Sunken Forest. After about 10 group kills (Bloodsoaked), I ended up with 1 dark shard. From an enemy who spawned as Dark Touched.

I genuinely do want to grind for Dark Shards to be able to do the content, but 6 dark shards required per level 3 rematch, makes them incredibly more grindy than the potential for getting say.. Gryphon Wings on release, and the only reason most people have been able to do the fights as much as they have thus far because they've had 2+ irl years of grinding on Korvara getting Dark Shards for this moment to start using them.

Frankly, I would like if all of the mobs in the Minotaur Dungeon (Since the Hungry Fungus is NOT one that gives a Dark Shard), would be capable of giving Dark Shards at a 75% drop rate-- or at the least have each fight have a 75% chance to drop one. It's not perfect, especially since the 'optimal' path for grinding anything in this game is once again "If you can solo it. Solo it." because drop rates (including Dark Shards) are split across the party, meaning that even should you kill 5 minotaurs and get the astronomical low chance of them all dropping a shard...

Each shard has a 1/4 chance to land in your hands.
ngl I get the mushroom mobs mixed up all the time Hungry Fungus should just get it yeah. It makes sense for Minotaur Labyrinth to have ALL the mobs with that drop chance since they're ALL abysmal to deal with since they get like 2-3x the stats of any other mobs.

Otherwise, yeah, it's fine that it's meant to be a more passive farm with the new mob suffix, but a more active target farm would help for those who are trying specifically to do amplifier fights.
Definitely would be great to finally make labyrinth feel worth running
Hi so I'm gonna second Trex on this since trex and i were grinding for like 8 hours today for shards.

Labby is legitimately not very good to get them and Terra Flama seems like the best place to go.

Making Labby 75% gives a much better reason to grind there since this has already given the mobs credence and it'd just be fun :>