Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LUMINARY RULER!
IN THE SPAN OF 48 HOURS I BRING THEE THE LUMINARY RULER!

What this is is a skill that would change your pawns based on your star sign to fit their element, allowing for more diverse rulers and more opportunities for fun RP using automatons!

If this is to be implemented as a skill, there's the routes of either it being fully cosmetic, or each set adding on a new bonus to the pawns, as follows:

Dark: Chance to inflict fear on hit
Earth: Pawns count as plant race and the tiles next to them count as plant tiles
Fire: Chance to inflict burn on hit, leaves behind cinder tiles
Ice: Chance to inflict slow on hit, leaves behind ice tiles
Light: Chance to inflict Magnetize on hit, Allies in 1 range of pawns get bonuses from the ruler's detailed care (???)
Lightning: Chance to inflict interference on hit (???) (Could be something less strong)
Water: Chance to inflict soaked on hit, More damage to seafaring enemies
Wind: +1 movement, +1 range to rooks/bishops move/(that one knight 1M move skill) and threaten

Of course these can be different or not included at all, I'm spit-balling here with the ideas, but I feel like adding slight extra interactions like these would boost the amount of synergy with other classes drastically and make ruler more fun overall!

Godspeed you marvellous ruler mains

To add, files labelled "Back, forward, left and right" are directional, while numbers 1-4 are for animation and are not directional.

Attached Files
.zip   Luminary Ruler Sprites.zip (Size: 166.06 KB / Downloads: 46)
[-] The following 4 users Like Flun's post:
  • Collector, the homestuck man himself, Trexmaster, zericosmic
I'd say as like, an addition to this, if ruler was mainclassed

Change's domain and element of all base class mage spells to starsign, and the domain of ruler enchants to the star sign's element while the ruler is sitting on the their throne.

water star sign would make aquarian domain interactions scale water attack instead of ice attack.