Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boulder Breakdown
I think it's been long enough that we can have Boulder items break down into a sub material that can be smelted into Boulders, much like all other ores that smelt into their Hard variants.

They could be Boulder Fragments. Or Pebbles if you wanted to be funny. Either way it just feels bad to drop a Boulder item that isn't desirable and have it breakdown into literally nothing.

It'd still take a fair few breakdowns worth to get enough boulders to fashion a material kit so I'd think it reasonable, considering how saturated the material list is.
[-] The following 3 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • caliaca, Collector, polly
Adding to this because it's been bothering me for a few months now;

New items (~2 years old) don't have dismantled materials. It's gotten to the point where I'm genuinely excited I've dropped a voidcut because I can tear it apart for good shit, but man, I only have a lot of the materials I do because I grind myself to oblivion and throw half of it into a portable science kit blender.

A pass giving all the new items l00t when dismantled would be highly appreciated. Especially zoas.
[-] The following 2 users Like Collector's post:
  • polly, Poruku
Well, the reason some items have materials is because they're craftable, thus have a chance to drop (some) of the materials it takes to craft them.

So if we ever got a lot of these items crafting recipes we'd also see far more materials generated from breaking them down in the wild.

Though the material issue is a whole 'nother can of worms with how so many things are exclusive to chests or breaking down random drops, as we're still missing organic sources for a lot that G6 used to have (Zoa dropping from Barghests, Spirit Chains from Spectres, etc).
[-] The following 3 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Collector, polly, Poruku