Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Name TBD - Request for odd Apertaurus features (and some Misc. stuff)
Sorry for not having a name or key listed, I'd like to get approval for this idea before I consider working on it at all past theory-crafting.

Applicable BYOND Key - TBD, all of my keys start with "Stanley Funtime" though.
Character Name - TBD
Request Type - Special features and some assistance
Request Details -  Skin color and goat-like/bull-like appearance limits? Might go as far as requesting something truly unique.

Specific Request:
I'd like to make a noticeably unique Apertaurus compared to what I've read in the lore docs. For one I'd like to have an abnormal skin color; either Red or Blue.

Depending on what's allowed the art of the playby I use will change, so I also need to know just how much like minotaurs/bulls/goats the Apertaurus can be. The Korvara loredoc mentions "Standing at towering heights and sporting horns and hooved feet, as well as even having been spotted with more bovine ears and tails..." and I'd like to take that a little further,  could one have goat-like/bull-like legs up to the waist? (The sl2 loredoc says they can go up to the thighs- I assume this means it could go further with approval.) Could they have digitigrade legs instead of more human plantigrade legs? Could they have tufts of fur on their arms or neck? And can they have odd eyes resembling a goat's or bull's?

I'd also like to state that I'm mostly going for a unique look and story, possibly unique biology/physiology, and don't have a desire for unique abilities or strengths unless I work with a GM/Eventmin and we decide to move forward with that kind of change.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) :
Someone in the Korvara discord mentioned a way to use Apertaurus' passives for a fun build, and my mind kind of went wild from there. I've always been deeply fascinated with the Reapers and Apertaurus, as well as the lore with Lazerus, souls, and their interactions with such. I've also always liked making characters that stretch what's expected for the sake of creating interest, and I'd love to devote time to creating an interesting story and look with the character for other people to interact with- possibly even starting an event line if I'm able to do so. All of this combined with some old art I had lying around for a DND campaign got my creativity churning and I'd really like to do something with that. Im willing to work with GMs and/or eventmins to make the character fit while having the odd skin color and more animalistic traits. I haven't gone too far into what I want to do yet since I want to get permission for the looks first. Perhaps they could be something slightly different from an Apertaurus while still using the race? I'm unsure just how far changes to a character can go, though.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -
The previously mentioned Loredocs with comments about Apertaurus and Reapers. There's a lot there that I'd like to work with like having a strong bond with a reaper or reapers in general, maybe being something of a minor/moderate/major figure in the culture. There's also the loredoc for SL2 in general that I read up on Lazarus and what's inside. It mentioned it being a sort of 'demon realm' without being a demon realm. Perhaps the character could resemble what people commonly believe demons to look like (The red/blue skin and goat-like/bull-like details) via magical modifications to their body or powerful illusions? And perhaps they or the culture they come from did this to aid in guiding lost/trapped/bound souls to Lazarus.

I will note that I've seen people with odd skin colors or more unique additions to their character such as horns on a naga or a more theno-like tail on wyvern-touched.
Resident Omori liker
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg]
I am unsure if I'm allowed to make updates to an application so someone please let me know if it's not alright-

I've seen a couple of people with oni-like/demon-like characters that are Chimera, so I wonder if somehow reapers might agree to create their own Chimera for hunting down souls that have yet to move on to Lazarus for a long time? I wonder what would happen if a chimera was created partially from reapers, appertaruses, minotaurs, or any other inhabitants of Lazarus or Darkside.
Alright the GM team has agreed on these

Abnormal skin can be a yes, but it would have to be unnatural, whether it's due to a magical reason or just tattooing, you can decide.
Full on Minotaur Legs is a yes.
Tufts of fur on the upper body, is a no.

That being said, it would be difficult for reapers to create their own chimera within Lazarus as the knowledge on Homunculi creation comes from the world above, though of course this wouldn't stop them if they did actually venture out to the outside world and learn those techniques.