Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chained Dog has no practical use (Arbalest)
Quote:Chained Dog
2M, 5 round CD, 11 FP (min.)

Targets 2 locations within 3 Range. In Location 1, there must be an enemy, and Location 2 must be an unoccupied tile. Using a portion of your chain, you lasso the enemy in L1, who is then pulled X (X = Rank) tiles towards L2. If the target was a non-boss monster, they are slammed into L2 instead.

An oiled chain will reduce the Momentum cost of this skill by 1.

My case: Why do I need to use this, when I can just A) Pulling Shot to me, or B) Heavy Tackle them away, while doing damage on top of it?

This skill costs 2M/1M, but has a cooldown comparable to healing spells, and what it does, another class can do better while dealing significant damage with Photon Ring, with a more interesting 'counteracting' mechanic of STR vs WIL.

I think this skill would be better like this:

Quote:Chained Dog
1+M, 5 round CD, 11 FP (min.)

Targets 2 locations within 5 Range. In Location 1, there must be an enemy, and Location 2 must be an unoccupied tile. Using a portion of your chain, you lasso the enemy in L1, who is then pulled X (X = Rank) tiles towards L2. If the target's Battle Weight is lower than yours, the pull ignores immunity. Additionally, both you and your target become affected by Mutual Bind LV X (LV = Rank * 20 + Scaled STR * 3) for 2 rounds.

An oiled chain has a luck-based chance to inflict Knocked Down that ignores immunity, and Clumsy for 3 rounds.

Quote:Mutual Bind

Reduces Hit and Evade by LV/4 and prevents movement skills while active. Damage reduces LV; 0 ends status. Can struggle to reduce the LV (if not owner). Can tighten to increase Duration (if owner). If this status ends, all other status by the same owner will also end.

Quote:Struggle (Bind)

Struggle against the chains. Same as Frozen's version, but you're unable to select a square to move to, however.

Quote:Tighten (Bind)

Ensnare the bad dog like you mean it. Deal X protection-ignoring Blunt damage with Great Accuracy, and increase the duration of all your Mutually Bound status by 1 round. (X = Scaled STR)

How's that for interesting, bondage enthusiasts?! That's the only way I can see this skill being only able to be used once every 5 rounds. TL;DRing this for the people who don't wanna read in a game about reading:

New Chained Dog will:

- Do what it advertises, by chaining down the enemy after moving them to a certain position.
- It will also root you down, to give that vibe that you're keeping the pesky whoever in place for as long as you can.
- It's intended to be a support skill, rather than a boring, close-quarters "i move u" that has nothing to do with chains or dogs.
- This alternate Frozen status actually makes you able to dodge things as its LV goes down rather than being a static 'reduce Evade to 0'! No need to thank me.
- This is much more preferable than having to invent a new Grapple full of fluff. (Trust me, I did write this for about 2 hours now, and rewrote through so many Grapples before I gave up and just decided on 'mutual Frozen status that is more cool to interact with'.)
- Enemies can try to damage the Arbalest to break their own Mutually Bound status, in which will then free their allies from the chains.
- Allies can take the chance an enemy is bound to whallop them in your stead, even if you can't due to your now reduced Hit.
- Tightening increases the duration, but also reduces the LV of the bind, so if the enemy's struggling and you're tightening the chains, expect that the status will go away quite fast.

New Chained Dog won't:

- Ever be implemented ;_;
- Hopefully give out the memo that this probably could use more range and an extra effect tied to it. It's underwhelming when compared to Photon Ring, in Range, dealing no damage, and being more cool to use.
- Likely should just be Knocked Down.
- Should probably interact with Special Armament's cooldown. Given while you're pulling back the chain, there's a lot of it loose on the field, so you can make a better use of it, yeah? (Make it be the cause for -1M, rather than the oil.)
- Then make Oil be the 'Knocked Down' and 'Clumsy' infliction.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'll take your entire stock!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water