Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Chat-Related] Tabs, channels, etc.
A few minor chat ideas that don't deserve to spam the forum with seperate topics

1) Was an idea someone else posted (can't remember your name, sorry) and I liked as well: A tab for OOC chats

2) I'll expand on that and add... CUSTOM tabs!

3) OOC-Say chat channel... Same range as say, but stops people clogging up say with chatter.

4) Party chat channel Talk to the people in your party to spare everyone else your chatter. (probably only an OOC thing.)

5) 'Thinking'... Seems that a lot of people like to do things to represent character thoughts. Why not give 'em a channel to do it in?

And thats the end of these.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
I don't think thoughts deserve their own channel. I don't even think they should put into text form, because no one's a mind reader. (This isn't a rule, just an opinion.)
Just a thought, maybe a trade channel for those who want to do business without disturbing IC / OOC?
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Custom tabs would be wonderful. Even the shittiest of AAA MMORPGs have custom tabs and player-created chat channels.
All I want is an OOC tab so I can RP without turning off OOC in the main chat. Why? So I can RP my dungeons without completely turning off OOC (checking back every time an ally goes AFK for a moment, for example) so I can keep up with things like new dungeons cropping up while I'm finishing a core floor, people looking for trades, etc.
*loud burp*
Agreed. A separate tab for everything, that doesn't show anything ~but~ its type of message, would be ~wonderful~.

First: Fix the Talk tab, PLEASE. It ~still~ isn't using big face icon sizes, regardless of our settings in the preferences
window.

Second: Add an OOC tab, which will ~only~ show OOC.

Third: Make tabs flash when they have new content.
If tabs start flashing, there better be a toggle for it.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=751#p751 Wrote:Mivereous » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 am[/url]"]If tabs start flashing, there better be a toggle for it.

Maybe only make "OOC" flash. Because you'll very clearly see if you're in battle anyways, and you'll usually be able to see what's being said locally unless it's being drowned out by battles/OOC.
*loud burp*