Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion is just a tactic to make weak player houses stronger
So I wake up, grab a plate of pizza rolls, head onto SL2, walk into my player home and---
[Image: 47f8dd752e.png]
[Image: f67b46933a.png]

...Oh.
My player home was merged with a dungeon.
No idea what caused this, but I got it fixed with little to no damage. This probably shouldn't just be brushed off, however. On a bigger scale, this can possibly ruin entire floors, if your place has very detailed flooring and walls anyways. Doesn't pwn furniture, luckily.
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
Interesting... What was the total damage? I know furniture wasn't affected; what about the tiles themselves? Did you have to replace them or did they fix by exiting and waiting/entering?
I've had this occur in my own house before. Any affected tiles had to be replaced by clicking and dragging from an unaffected tile and covering the void-space with whatever tiles.

The affected tiles remain after exiting and re-entering, and sometimes they revert back to being devoid of tiles, and sometimes they generate random dungeon tilesets within the affected tiles. (they remain fixed if you put new tiles over them, though.)

I decided to leave a small area of affected tiles in the floor of my house that was affected to see how it worked, since it seemed to happen at utter random (at first it was simply a void of tiles, black space that wasn't considered any house tile, then later it'd sometimes form dungeon tilesets).
Very peculiar. May I ask if the tiles that were affected were all of the same type? As in, same icon/icon state. I'm wondering if this occurs when the save proc goes bad or just doesn't get time to finish and it stops it from saving a floor type.
They were all various tiles, split between elements discer walls, mage discer walls, and the default discer floors. So, not the same icon type. It's been awhile since it first happened for me, but, I don't recall doing anything other than just walking into the floor as usual when I encountered the issue.
I mentioned this in the other thread but I can roll back the house if you like, last backup was on the 3rd. I just need a key and slot. If you've already dealt with it yourself, that's fine, but let me know.