Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
map maker pls
Downloaded the zip from Dev's mapmakng environment v2 topic, but couldn't get it to function:

[Image: 23t4go7.png]

When I tried to re-unzip the same zip file, I got this:

[Image: dhbyf5.png]

I don't know if it's a Windows 10 issue, a BYOND issue, or a problem with the zip file. So, hi.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
EDIT: Actually, weird, yeah, fresh download isn't working, in any way I can try. Unpacks fine, but then says a bunch of files are missing when it tries to compile, even though they're there. And my old version (still v2) works fine.

http://www.7-zip.org/

It's a .rar file.

Also, you may have to compile once before opening the test map files (CTRL+K).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
7-zip is what I'm using, and it asks me to compile before I can see/alter anything. Compiling brings up that one error in the first screenshot, and removing the error line didn't fix it. So I deleted it all, redownloaded the rar, unzipped it, and tried again, and got the same exact results.

Make sure all of the files are included in the file list (there should be checkmarks next to them).
Everything is checked off. Doesn't seem to be a BYOND issue, either, because it acts the same on older and current BYOND versions. For me, however, it says that it is missing every sound and .dmi file when I try to compile. This happens no matter where I download it to, and even if I move the sound/.dmi files to the same folder as the code.

@Egil, have you only tried the download twice? It could be that the second time was just a botched download. That did happen to me once while trying to get a fresh download. AVG didn't like me downloading the same thing twice, although it could have been another reason for you.

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
https://gyazo.com/f409c714486a747d3960464b1be8a9fa

I just tried it again, and it would tell me that a bunch of files are missing and thus, that they are removed? And then I get this error that doesn't let it compile:

loading SL2 Mapping Environment.dme
SL2 Mapping Environment.dm:42:error: /mob/combat: undefined type path
SL2 Mapping Environment.dmb - 1 error, 0 warnings (1/18/16 10:08 pm)

Until/Unless a way is found to fix this, here ya go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/royeva0pxddzlx...g.zip?dl=0

Wouldn't let me upload, too big because packing with already compiled stuff.