Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn off Your Luck!
Sometimes you don't want to work with your dice. Sometimes you don't want to work entirely on luck. Sometimes you don't want people knowing you're a bloody redtail each time you fight, who knows!

I reccomend a skill that can turn off your dice that lasts through battles and hangs over each battle, like Essence. This skill would cost three momentum, so that way people can't just turn off their dice when they have a bad roll.

That's about it.
Would be nice for roleplay purposes, why not?
The fact that it costs momentum to swap pretty much erases abusing it when you get a low die, so yeah. I'm in.
I'd very much like to see this. This would open up a lot of rp opportunities!
[Image: fcdc982ebf1e89c81a35ebf5b00594000a79e8c2.gif]

Byond Keys: IttyBittyGhostKitty, Kurokonoha, AikoShion, Kassakuro, Kitsunegiri, Mizutsunes, Malzeno
I just want to say, with it carrying over through battles:

-Make character.
-Tutorial battle, turn off die.
-Wingless Hyattr: Redtail Edition

That's my only problem with it. /shrug
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12055#p12055 Wrote:Mivereous » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 am[/url]"]-Wingless Hyattr: Redtail Edition

That's my only problem with it. /shrug

The Dice and Fortune Cookies are their only racials. Unlike wingless hyattr, whose lack of wings serves to hide their one crippling weakness (unless you stacked a lot of wind resistance) and make people not expect their very potent fire breath, Redtails who turn off dice have absolutely no metagamey benefits outside of avoiding having bad RPers ICly discuss their visible "luck spirits" because some people have a fetish with making every single game mechanic some literal IC thing.

I don't think this is even remotely worth comparing to wingless hyattr.
*loud burp*
I mean, in terms of using a race for only its growths.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
I do know what you mean, but Redtail growths are very similar to humans and barely above the baseline, so is it really an issue?
*loud burp*
Okay but... If "Ur using this race for its growths!" is really an issue...

If you look at Wyverntouched, they have no weaknesses or outwards appearance changes and could look human.
Same goes for Mechs, doriads, vampires, glykin, etc.

Bad RP isn't an arguement you can make against this. I'm all for it.
That wouldn't really fly with Redtail lore, sorry. They're all about the luck thing.