Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: Destiny Growth
*raises flame shield because holy crap not a single thread of this nature has gone by without me getting flamed*

Real Talk: "Level with one class set for growths and reclass to your endgame build later" does not work with destinies. (Yes, Destinies are optional, but some classes benefit far more than others and I'm trying to offer suggestions to make each Destiny viable in it's own way.) And many classes don't even get growths their skills need. Case in point, multiple classes require Will for some skills and get either none, or at most, 25% from a main class only with no further Style Blending bonus. While, on paper, this may seem like something that many classes desperately need due to a lack of skill points and skill slots, the fact of the matter is that this is effectively a way for many Destinies to become nonviable in PVE, since the RNG is not your friend.

I simply wanted to maybe get a discussion going about possible tweaks to make destinies good all around instead of amazing for some classes (Especialy soldier, mage, and archer) and far less so for others (most notably martial artist not exactly having the most reliable promoted class growths; MA is either tacked on to anything else as a subclass, or reclassed to at high levels, lest your best stats resemble your enemy's lowest.)
*loud burp*
Trying to tweak growths simply to make them work with Destinies is not the greatest idea; are we going to just standardize growths simply so destinies have a 'fair growth game' with each other? Are we going to make them more specialized?

I would sooner look into trying to give growth bonuses for undergoing a Destiny for the Grind.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
So just...Get to level 60 with growths you want, then choose your destiny with ink at that point. What's the problem? I'm fairly certain destinies are made accessible at any level specifically to solve this otherwise crippling issue.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12482#p12482 Wrote:Chaos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:44 am[/url]"]I would sooner look into trying to give growth bonuses for undergoing a Destiny for the Grind.

Considering Evoker/hexer is the go-to grinding combo that a lot of people would use anyways, I'm not sure this is inherently a good idea. I was actually wondering if maybe something more along the lines of your old LE bonus for a custom main class growth spread may be preferred, but I still wanted to get other ideas in here.

As for applying a Destiny at high levels, I have not actively tested if it works that way yet. None of my characters are presently 60. (EDIT: I would, however, like to point out that as they're available at character creation, the excuse that you can just get to level 60 at least twice to make them good is... well... let's just say there shouldn't "have" to be reason so many people grind OOCly until they've LE'd several times instead of roleplaying their growth.)
*loud burp*
Well it works at 60 as long as you save an ink, just grind with the growths you want before doing destinies.
We could always bring back around the idea of setting separate classes as growth classes, while maintaining the skills from the Destiny class(es).

I.e., be able to set any two classes you've unlocked into a separate bar above the one where you currently set classes, as growths only.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Would be nice to grind as an Evoker/Hexer while leveling str ski cel. (Sorry if I didn't understand half of the idea over there, but sounds like it.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This sounds identical to the previous discussion of "I don't want to use the system and change classes so I can have these and these growths."
And like before, I'm againts adding something like this. Absence of this is no hinderance for those that plan ahead, so it is a redundant feature.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12558#p12558 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:58 am[/url]"]This sounds identical to the previous discussion of "I don't want to use the system and change classes so I can have these and these growths."
And like before, I'm againts adding something like this. Absence of this is no hinderance for those that plan ahead, so it is a redundant feature.

1) Again, this topic was made before I knew how LE destiny was handled and I had only tried it from the character creation menu, since I had no one with spare inks/ ready to LE to check it out on. Because yes, this is an option when creating a new character and it should realistically be viable.

2) No offense, but this mentality has pushed away several new players I've tried to get to join who simply want to jump right in and RP their character fully without oocly grinding . That's perfectly acceptable for a PVP meta, don't get me wrong, but it shouldn't be nearly as important for PVE - which it unfortunately is. Play the "lol, babby doesn't like the system" card all you like, it doesn't change the underlying issue that SL2 is a meta as opposed to having a meta.There's no redundancy in making literally anything besides the meta less shit, especially since the wiki touts the multiclass system as a way to create your ideal character instead of "use X classes for Y stat grinding or suck the big one."
*loud burp*