Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DR Cap
I think that for all percentage-based reductions, having them work in terms of the percentage of remaining damage would be best.

So say you had two 20% resistance items, and then 10% DR from one thing, and then 5% DR from something else. If you took 500 damage, the 20% resistance would mean that you took 80% damage, and then another 20% resistance would mean that you took 64% of the damage, instead of an additive 60%.

Then after defense/resistance hits, the DRs would activate again starting from 100%, so you would take 90%, then 85.5%.

So for example, with the following amounts of resistance/DR and, say, 40 defense taking 500 damage, the current method would take .85[.6(500)-40] = 221 damage, while the suggested method would take (i apologize in advance)

[(100-10)/100)]*[(100-5)/100)] * || { [(100-20/100)]*[(100-20)/100]*500} - 40 || = .855[.64(500)-40] = 239.4 damage.

It's small, but the difference would become larger and larger the more resistances and DR is stacked. It would also help to prevent a complete immunity to one type of damage.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13687#p13687 Wrote:Neus » Mon May 09, 2016 5:53 pm[/url]"]I don't think DR needs a cap. As I said earlier, even though it was about resists but they're very similar, if DR stacking can get too high then the instances of damage reduction should probably be reduced overall or made weaker/incompatible with each other.

For example, making Evasion a main class only skill would get rid of it stacking with One-on-One. Reducing Wraithguard's effectiveness could also be warranted, or changed in a way to where if Ghost isn't your main class, its reduction is lower.

Putting a hard 'cap' on DR probably isn't a great solution. The same probably also applies to damage amplification sources; rather than trying to fix it with a sloppy cap, the overall effectiveness should be lowered and/or reduced for certain class combinations.

Very well, if you do not mind I will list 3 main problems in this thread, and some solutions that were discussed, in order to prevent these.

Wraithguard
Inherently there is no problem with WG, its a chance based proc that reduces damage by 30%, pretty essential for a ghost to live right? Make this skill classified as a 'guard' skill, only one 'guard' skill takes place at a time.

Evasion
Inherently there is not any problem with Evasion either, a chance based proc that reduces damage by 30%, pretty essential for any rogue looking to actually survive against anything. Make this skill classified as a 'guard' skill, only one 'guard' skill takes place at a time.

Turtle Shell
Turtle shell is now light armor, thusly it can be mutated into Heavy Armor, and will not benefit from effects such as Ogata Waraji and Weathered Body, 19% from the sides is enough Damage Reduction

(Since there are 3 armors of each type for 10 stars, if you want to keep theme, reactive armor would make a better heavy armor than light armor.)

What do you think?
That's what they do right now, Blues. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what they do right now.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13687#p13687 Wrote:Neus » Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 pm[/url]"]I don't think DR needs a cap. As I said earlier, even though it was about resists but they're very similar, if DR stacking can get too high then the instances of damage reduction should probably be reduced overall or made weaker/incompatible with each other.

For example, making Evasion a main class only skill would get rid of it stacking with One-on-One. Reducing Wraithguard's effectiveness could also be warranted, or changed in a way to where if Ghost isn't your main class, its reduction is lower.

Putting a hard 'cap' on DR probably isn't a great solution. The same probably also applies to damage amplification sources; rather than trying to fix it with a sloppy cap, the overall effectiveness should be lowered and/or reduced for certain class combinations.

To this end, I think that'd actually be a pretty decent change.

Making Evasion, Dagger Dance, and it's god awful bonus trait that makes evasion better (but never procs) would make it better.

Having Wraithguard be worse off if you're not main-classed would too. (I could see it being raised to 35% (if not already), then drop to 25-20% if you are sub-classing it.) It's actually a really smart workaround, that I like.

Edit

Spoops ninja'd me.

I agree with Spoops changes, actually.
I do agree with both Dev's ideas for WG/Evasion and Spo's.

However, I think Turtle Shell should just not be subject to the Mutation enchant's effects, period. Especially when it can be used in tandem with Kip-Up again, should Spo's change go through.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
It can be used in tandem with Kip up right now as it is ANYWAYS.

Having it be light armour makes it affected by Mutation either way (and you still lose momentum from getting up because you a turtle) so... It's what. 2m momentum for light armour, and impossible with Heavy?

It's fine if it gets made light (because it really always needed to be).

Don't make exceptions to enchantments, that just makes things confusing.

Make changes to the item to make the enchantment less valuable.
Kip up could be made into a main class skill, but that is for another balance fu thread.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13698#p13698 Wrote:Rendar » Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 pm[/url]"]It can be used in tandem with Kip up right now as it is ANYWAYS.

Having it be light armour makes it affected by Mutation either way (and you still lose momentum from getting up because you a turtle) so... It's what. 2m momentum for light armour, and impossible with Heavy?

It's fine if it gets made light (because it really always needed to be).

Don't make exceptions to enchantments, that just makes things confusing.

Make changes to the item to make the enchantment less valuable.
No, it would only take 1m, Sderg. So you can still have it, recover from KD, run towards someone and smash their fokkin' hed in.

It's not exactly the kind of effect that I think of when I think of light armor. It also begs the question; how are we going to level out the fact that Heavy Armor will only have two 10* items, while Light Armor gets 4?

The item is only having these issues when Mutation applies. I think that's a good time to say that the enchant is causing the problem, not the item itself.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Quote:It's not exactly the kind of effect that I think of when I think of light armor. It also begs the question; how are we going to level out the fact that Heavy Armor will only have two 10* items, while Light Armor gets 4?

I thought of that already, look at the bottom parenthesis, I should of bolded it maybe cause it is sorta unseeable.

Quote:Turtle shell is now light armor, thusly it can be mutated into Heavy Armor, and will not benefit from effects such as Ogata Waraji and Weathered Body, 19% from the sides is enough Damage Reduction

(Since there are 3 armors of each type for 10 stars, if you want to keep theme, reactive armor would make a better heavy armor than light armor.)