Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speak No Good
Silent Prayer sucks. Really bad.

It's worse than a throatopener in that it costs SP, FP, a skill slot, doesn't give good medicine, is only available to one base class, and can't be used on allies. I think throatopener might even restore FP if you have Mercalan Tenets.

The only upside to it is that it saves you an item slot, which basically means at the very most, a Priest can get +1 Wil/Fai for using it over a throatopener.

I once suggested giving it a 2 round immunity to Silence, and given that it can't be used in advance (you have to be silenced already) I still think that's more than fair.
As far as I'm aware, silence is still one of the most debilitating status effects, and this would give mages one way back to fight against it
I would really prefer this thank you, the nerf Silent prayer recieved basically just means every single mage, even priests, need to pack a screaming tome now, because the momentum cost on silent prayer is not worth what it does now, an immunity would be dandy as all hell.
Silent Prayer R3 now gives 2 rounds of silence immunity if it cures a silence effect.