Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Glance
As it stands, Death Gaze is probably one of the more underwhelming skills in the game, and for some reason, I would really like it if it changed, I have a few suggestions for the skill I'd like to discuss about, bringing it's status up to even be remotely considered for a build

Death Gaze currently: The target must be marked by claret call and fear, and if they are, using the skill will do rank*10 unresistable dark damage, and silence them for 2 rounds, and leaves them unmarkable, for 4 rounds.

Honestly, there's no reason anyone should be using this skill, and that kinda sucks, because the concept is pretty cool itself, and I'd like to see more people end up using this skill, so there's a few suggestions I could make for this skill honestly..while still making it so Absolute Fear is much different.

1. The target no longer loses claret call nor becomes unmarkable, instead they lose their fear status and become fear immune for 2 rounds. (but they still need to be feared and claret called to activate)
Reasoning: Claret Call is a ghost's entire gimmick, and just for using this skill, you lose access to Last Chance and Ether Invitation, the two skills that make a ghost exactly who they are, losing out on this just means losing out on what makes a ghost, well a ghost.

2. The target is now inflicted with Immobilize
Reasoning: How cool would it be to gaze at someone so intensely they can't even move? I don't even think this would be unbalanced in any way.

3. The target is now inflicted with Hesitation lv (Rank*5 or Rank*3)
Reasoning: I thought about this one for a bit, and while Absolute Fear already has Hesitation, it still would play off Death Gaze's theme, this one would have to be discussed..

Well, thats all I have, any thoughts?
Can confirm this is easily one of the most worthless skills (at least it's better than grenade launcher).

Almost backed the first one, but removing fear is about the worst thing it can do thematically.

How about 2 duration immobilize and drop the unmarkable to 2 as well?
Hmm, Fair enough, the unmarkable for 4 rounds is the main offender on the skill anyway, I could agree with that.
I agree with everything listed, it's not OP and it opens a new 'branch' for a Ghost build, pretty thematic for the skill's description aswell to freeze people in place out of fear for the cost of the 'low level curse' named Claret Call.
Personally, I'd love to see some actual 'fearsome' ghosts than the majority of desperate berserkers running around and flailing Ether Invitation casually. (Because that's the way most people play Ghost as, yeah, boo.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As an avid ghost player, Claret Call is quite literally your lifeline (Rebound, Last Chance, EI, Sanguine Star if surrounded and outnumbered, etc) and the fact that Death Gaze makes them unmarkable for an entire 4 rounds is simply absurd. It should never have been allowed to be that way, especiially considering the target ALSO needs to be feared.

Making it 2 rounds instead of 4 might at least see the skill get some situational use in PVE. Some. (I can't imagine instantly-removable silence being worth 2 unmarkable rounds in PVP)
*loud burp*