Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elemental aptitude
This is a discussion thread.
The idea is quite simple. If you devote yourself to a single element you happen to become strong against this element, and you are able to use it like no one else, in theory.
So we have elemental resistances, and stacking the resistance via differnt equipment slots MIGHT get you to 100%+ Elemental resistance making the element useless against you for the most part, that pretty cool for a Gimmick! But what if you have like 115%Fire resist?
I was thinking that maybe we could make it so, that if you happen to have a resistance number over 100% you get everything over it as Aptitude which would flat out increase all damage of that Element by that percantage to a maximum of I think 25%?
So in the above example all fire damage that character deals would get +15% damage. Maybe even FP cost reduction of all skils based on that element(Maybe even stuff like blazing shinken) by the same number?

I think this would reward gimmick characters that devote themself ICly to an Element, which is usually not really effective, and mages could get a skill that works like that "If you have magic of only one element in your skillpool you gain for each spell 5-10%(?) Resistance to that element" As a way to fight against resist stacking of other people. That wouldn´t really help when two full fire mages fight each other...but hey! It works against the slightly stacking people to just get a resist message.

(Immunity or absorb of a certain element does not count as anything, it has to be resistance)
Warning: Stuff that won't contribute to anything here, just raw, wild words without sense. Read if you want, ignore if you can. *Eyeroll*

Sooo, afaik having 100% resist makes you immune to it already. (0 damage, i.e Floating) It's just ways to stack it to 100% that are impossible right now. And if Dev increases the numbers on certain items, 'some smart people' will find ways to even and have more than 1 'overwhelming' resistances and pretty much kick the doll away.
(Also if you think you can stack 100% ice resistance to go full thematic, give up, winter's bite makes short work of it, lol.)

EDIT: ...Oh.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah, but using a skill like wintersbite to counter such, is fine in my eyes.

Certain elements like Fire, Ice and I think Earth and water are already stackable to an amount where they can go over 100%
For Ice:
-Mountain walker: max 35%
-Scarf:30%
-Cryomancy talent:5%
-ComC:15%
-Remaining 2 Slots for arctic:10%(maybe 15% if you use current sayakana with a rustic weapon)
This is just Equipment.
This is min maxing And you hit 95%(100%)

Now There are Things that Increase this outside of the usual Equipment Stuff.
Racials like the Mechas who get 25% Ice
Verglas Insulate 30%
LB´s Fenrir 25%

And probably something I haven´t thought about which for absolute minmaxing reaches up tooooo... 180%? That would be to much so I thought max 25% is fine.

Fire is easy aswell.
Equipment:
-Firewalkerboots 30%
-Magmic mayelia 35%
-3 slots for poteninal magmic stuff 15% or 20% with sayakana(which needs to be nerfed anyway)
-Pyromancy: 5%
-Cooking talent rank 2:5%
So again we hit 90-95% without racials.

Other stuff:
Racials that go from 15%, 25% or 50%
LB Salamander:25%

Well they lack a Accesory that increases fire res, so it´s not THAT easy for them, but they have a good anti fire armor. So absolute min maxing right now still gets them to 170%

Earth:
-Rockdirt I.Charm: 35%
- Whynesfelt: 30%
-Gumshoes:25%
-Geomancy:5%
-Stamp: 5%
Hand/acc slot: 10%(15%)

Earth reaches 110-115% Just from Equip.
Racial: 15% Doriad/bunny are the only ones I think?
LB Golem: 25%

Water:
Coral Zwellraus:35%
Umbrealla: 30%
There were boot thingies which name I can´t Remember:30%?
Levithan 10*:up to 17%(with coral)
Stamp: 5%
Handslot:5%

So 117% With armor

Racials are 15% Doriad and 25% Elf I believe
Probably some summon has water res aswell.

Light might reach 125% aswell, but I don´t know right now how exactly. I can only think of 110% currently.

Dark, Wind and Lightning are probably the elements that can´t reach that at the moment. Even if I see dark reaching 100% atleast

But that could easily change aswell...The question is if such a reward for devotion to a single element, is wanted.
This is incredibly stupid.

I like it.
I'd be all up for elemental damage in some way shape or form, though if it were this method, then "All Elemental" resistance builds would need to be toned down somewhat, whilst simultaneously bringing up specific elemental resistances.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13319#p13319 Wrote:Spoops » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:26 pm[/url]"]I'd be all up for elemental damage in some way shape or form, though if it were this method, then "All Elemental" resistance builds would need to be toned down somewhat, whilst simultaneously bringing up specific elemental resistances.
Actually, there would just need to be a few new additions to bring some of the other elements up to speed. (No, that doesn't include Slash/Blunt/Pierce) All-Resist builds are getting their 10% ALL accessory nerfed at some point, and that'll be enough on that end.

That being said, OP's got a pretty good idea. Let's make it happen.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye