Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local OOC
I'm very well aware that local OOC was something brought up, and denied by Dev that he doesn't want that to be in the game (As far as I know, anyway.),
but I'd like to reopen this subject in light of recent month or two.
No matter how often people get told, (and i think both dev and chaos have been making it clear that it's not okay, not sure) there's always enough of an OOC wall in say channel atleast twice a day to hamper any attempts for roleplay in a public area, especialy so if it's a little slow paced.
I'd like some sort of an option to filter these out, because it doesn't seem like it is going to stop and I truly don't feel enriched by random inside 'jokes' that go on and on, pvp discussions, and the like. Perhaps some sort of a filter that'd hide all posts containing parentheses?
That would be useful, or barring a filter, actual enforcing of the matter by GMs. I'd imagine it would cut down on public LOOC if people were warned with a couple days' ban.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
I know Dev's past reasoning for denying this was that he didn't want to encourage it at all. But that's the thing. -People still do it anyways-. And, hey, sometimes it's not always harmful, like communicating OOCly to clarify something ICly. And you don't always have a way to talk to the person OOCly beyond SL2, especially if you don't know them outside the game. It'd feel a bit silly to broadcast to the server every time you wanted to speak to this one person OOCly.

I mean, there's always just using whisper to keep the say spam down, but, people generally don't want to huddle into whisper formation if it isn't where they'd be ICly.

So, yeah, a local OOC would alleviate the issue of OOC banter in say crowding the RP says/emotes. Believe it or not, people want to talk OOCly in your game, and not screaming over the entire server when they just want to speak to the people around them. Getting people to stop entirely is far more difficult than just implementing something that'd give them an outlet to do what they want to do, while not inconvincing the people around them.

All else fails, guess punishment will have to do.
Local OOC can sometimes be tolerable, if it's just short and quick, but a lot of the times it'll go into small talk or discussions that a lot of people just don't want to sit there and have to listen too. Usually less of a problem if there's no RP going on, but the amount of OOC going on during crowded arena days, or GM events wears out it's novelty quickly. And, I mean, everybody local OCs every now and again to get information across or easy communication for grinding, or whatever. But there's a bit of a difference between that and just talking to someone while others are trying to RP.

The implementation of a local OOC channel on it's own would be perfect in my opinion, but even just a filter or a little bit more cracking down from the GMs during hectic hours. Most people I see doing this kinda stuff usually have the other person's Skype, too, so I don't see much of an issue with GMs going ham on the issue.
[Looks at the arena local OC shitposting that went on as I was typing this...]
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
+1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13766#p13766 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:59 pm[/url]"]Perhaps some sort of a filter that'd hide all posts containing parentheses?

Said everything. Parenthesis talk doesn't give RP EXP, so it could be filtered rather easily. And if people would try to clarify IC stuff on OOC, they could use different stuff to say out of char, like { } (PS: OOCing with this gives RP EXP for some reason.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[Image: Y2sp8rj.png]

thank you based mspaint for awesome tool to evade sore butt feels by hiding identities

As you can see, people don't give a flying fuck and will rather make excuses than to realize they should probably use skype or OOC.
[Image: QjtnhO1.png]
I mean like, what?

These have each others skype and do use it. No care for roleplay interuption, no care for reminders that they're doing a boo boo rulewise, nothing

I'd like for this problem to be dealt with as soon as possible, not a sideproject to be forgotten and implented ten updates later, since it still is rampant, even through this thread exists. People are aware that it bothers others, they simply don't care.

I'm starting to lean toward administration breaking down on it, over a LOOC or filter.