Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Trends: Hit the soft cap, and only the soft cap
With the little time we've had to toy with stat distribution on the beta, it's beginning to become clear that the best way to create most builds follows a very specific process.

1. Raise aptitude to 40.
2. Raise mandatory stats to 40.
3. Sprinkle 5-10 points on non mandatory stats, like celerity for non-dodge classes, defense, vit, whatever suits your fancy.

Feel free to disagree with me if you think that's entirely incorrect, but no build I have come up with improves by pressing past the soft cap on any stats. The soft cap seems a bit too unforgiving to pass, which leads to many archetypes (Dagger Rogue, Soldier tanks, infliction Hexer) being built exactly the same way every single time.

I don't have a decent solution to this on hand, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought about it at the moment.
I have two solutions

1) remove the soft cap (bad solution)

2) raise soft cap to 60 ( would make more diversity maybe???)
Alternatively we can make the soft cap at 40 less diminutive/offer more gain and have a second soft cap at around 50-60 that acts the same.

Like at 40 you would get 75% of the gains and at 50/60 you would resume the 50%.

That would encourage somebody to invest a little past 40 as they would still be gaining their skill point's worth.
Munch
75% scaling up to 60?
I personally like it the way it is. Some builds can benefit from going up to cap, some don't, it all depends.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
"Skimmy2" Wrote:Like at 40 you would get 75% of the gains and at 50/60 you would resume the 50%.

I like this idea a lot actually. It seems like the best option.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]