Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crits For All
Currently people have a very, very high chance to critically strike everyone. The following changes to stats are responsible for this:

1. Defense no longer gives 1/2 crit evade.
2. Skill now gives 1 crit per 1 point, instead of .5 crit per 1 point.

Additionally, now that faith is not taken by most classes but summoner and curate (before it was taken early on to have access to blessed weapons), people are losing out on more crit evade. One could argue this point is their own fault for dumping the stat entirely, but the changes to Defense and Skill have skyrocketed everyone's crit rate.

We might want to look at readjusting skill or reimplementing crit evade into defense.
This is somewhat offset by the fact that stats, in general, are lower. However LUC being a general main-stay at 30-40 (as it was prior) means that it got a boost, and with no real way to actually raise SANCTITY (and FAI reliably), you just kind of get SoL.

Especially whenever a weapon alone can get 30%+ critical, and there are tons of ways to raise crit and not be able to reduce it. I'd like to see LUC get knocked down on the amount of CRITICAL it provides (and possibly the hit it provides, but thats a story for another day).

Even then, it still is pretty easy to actually get a ton of crit, especially whenever people can hit upwards of 80 SKI with ease, or the worst offender I've seen so far, 101 SKI. Hell, the little 'test' build I made for crit evade forced you to be Bonder/BK with a major focus on Seiryuu solo-installing...

Which lead to 30 + 10 (maybe 15) + 50 + 25 ( Boneheart ) + FAI/2 + SANC...

This was pretty decent, but against a 40 SKI/LUC build, a ghost could still crit you with relative ease so yeah.

#NerfTheCrits
Giving Crit evade back to DEF and also making it so SKI is only 0.5 Crit per point spent would be the most wise, Tanks don't need to be critting for building high SKI either.

"I nerfed crit damage so its okay" You may have nerfed crit damage but that doesn't mean there's loads more benefits to critical hitting than damage, having it the way it was, was fine, I don't see why it was changed.

Crit damage was nerfed, but guile buffs it.
Crit damage was "nerfed" for everyone, except in exceptions wherein a weapon just gets 130% critical because #Reasons (this seems to be the case mostly for daggers), then they scale either by quite a bit, or by a decent chunk, with GUILE. (Which already has you screaming "WHY?!&quotWink. Then, to top it all off with daggers, they just get a +50 CRIT DAMAGE... so you get 1.8x without anything stats most of the time.. then 2.3x+ afterwards.

So, in no reality did Crit Damage get "nerfed", especially for people that were already going to build it.