Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing Stairs
New Ideas for Extra Levels.

Can we have the ability to "Duplicate" extra levels to a degree? Sometimes a 2 story house might have more than one staircase leading up to the 2nd level of the house... Sometimes it might have a main staircase then 2 on opposite sides of the house at the end. It'd make for a nice aesthetic to be able to lay all of those stairs with the "entrance" to the same extra level to provide a nice, proper aesthetic.

Also, Can we please be able to move the "EXIT" level for the Extra levels? Sometimes it just isn't convenient to actually put them on the same area on the new level. Cases for such would be if your extra level is just a screen transition into a house. Where you have the "entrance" at the top of the map, but want the "Exit" be at the bottom so that the house looks aesthetically pleasing.

I'm pretty sure that a ton of more people will be buying extra levels, and more "music" boxes for houses if this is changed because lord knows we want more houses to not suck.
There are two things I would like to add to this (one simpler than the other):

1. For the stairs to have more icons (most notably a black 'threshold' or a few of the existing door icons).

2. This is a concept I had lying around for a -good- while but probably forgot to post, it's fairly in-line with the actual thread subject:

Area 1 (in theory):

[Image: f037354f52eb4d8fb837a34bf704487a.png]

Area 2 (in theory):

[Image: a157743215024f1b918227ef468cada6.png]

The labels on the entrances/exist/portals match-up (or should), meaning B on Area 1 would match B on Area 2.... with A on Area 1 (opposite side) matching A on Area 2 (same side). Preferably something that allows you to set the door destinations/etc.

I believe this concept can easily incorporate what we both wanted to see happen... or rather are basically the same concept, whichever. :lol:

Edit: But yes, +1 to the main subject.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Honestly, being able to 'label' extra levels for where they take you based on a level would be freaking cool.

This could also be extended upon (so we don't have to buy 50 extra levels just to fix up one house with multiple entrances to the upper level) by having a CRAFTABLE item that requires you to have an extra level (or even that it requires you to have a discer that comes with it) that allows you to make an alternate entrance that can be changed to go to one of the Extra level entrances for that floor.

Example:
Floor 1 has 2 extra levels, one going up, one going down.
"Alternate Entrance" is crafted and placed down. This functions exactly as an extra level, except it only takes you up to the level assigned to it.
Put Extra Level A on a flight of 3-wide stairs, proceed to have the "Alternate Entrance" on either side to have the entire stairwell take you up to the same Level (2nd Floor) at the same places they appear on the map.

I still would love if we could move the "Extra Level" EXIT so that I can make my house not look really weird whenever I'm using it as a screen transition to the inside of the house.
I've suggested something similar to this before--but the main concept was being able to create multiple entrances to floors, and entrances to higher/lower floors than the one directly above/below.

So I think the ideas proposed would (probably) work.

I especially agree with being able to adjust the exit of an extra level.