Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OOC/LOOC Player Block
I was thinking if it was a good idea to implement a way for players to block other players out of OOC and LOOC tabs. Blocking a player would mean entering the said player's Byond Key in a popup window and they will not receive OOC/LOOC messages from that player's Byond Key. This could instantly end arguments without having to consult a GM for help. I also thought about IP blocking OOC/LOOC messages, but that would cause problems for IRL-family players and plus no one but a certain few know IPs.

Problems:
The only two issues I see with this are:
-Having to enter each of that player's key in
-Figuring out which player's key it belongs to if something goes down in LOOC.
(If a player starts using "say in ()" to continue on, then it would be the right time to call a GM but after blocking)

What do you guys think? Good or a waste of time?
cant we be adults. sure you can have an arguement with someone and not want to talk to them for awhile, but the community is so small it's stupid to alienate parts of it.
or you could just do what everyone else does

and ignore them.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:cant we be adults. sure you can have an arguement with someone and not want to talk to them for awhile, but the community is so small it's stupid to alienate parts of it.
Well, not everyone is an adult playing this. Not only that, a lot of people have problems with sensitivity and what not. Believe it or not, some people find it hard to ignore others. I haven't had a problem with anyone on SL2. This is on behalf those other players.