Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Firefox 10* shoes (can't find their name)
I picked these up vaguely recently and while it's cool, they're completely worthless. Five damage Firefall, 12% chance to spawn a Seeker Flame when you kill something that has (at level 60) a 60 damage Kamikazi (doesn't ignore resistances) and a 25-30 damage or so Sparks (basic attack, pure fire). This is capped out damage at a point in the game where these values are chip damage in both PvP and PvE (ignoring the fact that the seeker flames can't spawn in PvP). I'd very much like to see these either get buffed in damage so they scale better or become completely, purely, cosmetic. I'd be completely fine with them just not doing damage at all and being purely for show. If going the pure cosmetic route, I'd like the seeker flames to spawn near-ish you with 1 HP, as low of stats as possible, no skills, and just wander around the field harmlessly. So they are more reliable at least as a cosmetic thing.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Why not spawn Firefoxes instead?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
yeah something should be done about this
Well, I can't talk much about firefall since I don't know how thr skill works- But why not give that item % chance to apawn flame seekers per new round + immunity to cinders, perhaps even in exchange to firefall?

Considering how fragile flame seekers actually are... I think a 24% chance to spawn a flame seeker is good enough?
A nice "bonus" could be making those fire cinders firefoxes use, but that'a more debatable.

Either that, or perhaps something that involves giving the oppenent burn? Something similiar to thosr poison boots, but by using a different mechanic.
Those are all some nice ideas.
On the subject of burns, we all know Dev will gut the Burn's level. Like all those level 15 status infliction methods. :|
I'd just say buff the Firefall's Cinder damage. From 5 to 10~20 maybe? (And maybe Nerhaven's Cinder damage too.)

Also give Seeker Flame as a skill and not a chance to spawn. Because that's how Firefoxes spawn them. To balance things out? Make the skill have a success rate equal to UL%. (Or you can just follow Detective100's idea, it's about the same as mine, just no Momentum involved.)
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
A skill that you have to use momentum fot an rng of whether you summon one or waste 3 momentum? No one would use the skill then O.O

So firefall is the cinder version for the fox boots- If so, just buffing the damage to about 15-20 should work.
That number can be re-adjusted should it be too high.
Well, 50% of Fire ATK comes out to about 25 at most without being insane. So. As I said, scale it. So it doesn't become bonkers early on either.
I would rather it be UI*2 then scaled with fire if you meant that - summoning flame seekers is a situational skill in my eyes, as they are easily killed by many AoE attacks.

Lets not limit the item to have it scaled with fire attack to broaden its use, while giving the item's UI scaling a purpose
Generally people using these are liable to be fire builds, but eh, it comes to about the same... The seeker flames do need to be either stronger or more common either way however.