Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Improvements
DISCUSSION TOPIC/IDEA COLLECTION

I know a little early for this since the GR is still rolling in, and Dev will probably not have time for this BUT.... Why not post it anyway and see what we can come up with?

Currently the guild system is very lacking. You have a list of players, and fancy Icon, and the option to allow Guildmembers to build in your home. Thats pretty much it.

Things that are bothering me are:
-You can´t see if a certain person is online in Game.
-You can´t make general guild notes or write current goals or infos for your guild members so you have to actually tell every single one of them when something is going on
-There isn´t really any benefit from Guild members over simple party members.

So yeah! I would like to overhaul the system to something more Interesting and to benefit the differnt styles of guilds.

First change:
A guild info site where you can edit notes for your guild and write general stuff about it. Maybe one for Guild members only and one site for "Public"

Second Change:
A "Who is currently Online!" function. That would help greatly.

And the actual biggest change that I came up with is and would like to discuss:
Guild Classes/Level system!

So what is this?
I thought that when you open your guild you have an Idea in mind. I have seen differnt Merchant guilds, Treasure Hunter guilds or Mercenary guilds.
So you take your pick in this and for everytime your guild members perform an activity fitting for their guild, the guild earns EXP. When the guild Levels up you can actually "buy" yourself Guilt traits with the guild points you earn. Those look differntly for the type of guildtree(or if you are lazy just give all options for all guilds and the people can just pick what they want, probably better solution actually.) and can look like something like that:
Treasure Hunter Guild:
Loot boost: For every Partymember who is also a Guild member you gain X% Drop boost (X=Guild Skill rank), only Guild member of the same guild benefit from that.
Rare Hunter: The chance of dropping 8*+ incrases by +X%(X=Guild Skill rank) for each Partymember who is also a Guild

Mercenary Guild:
Increases EXP:For every Partymember who is also a Guild member you gain X% EXP boost (X=Guild Skill rank), only Guild member of the same guild benefit from that.
Money plus:For every Partymember who is also a Guild member you gain X% Murai boost (X=Guild Skill rank), only Guild member of the same guild benefit from that.

Merchant Guild
Harvest boost: For every Partymember who is also a Guild member you gain X% success chance to succesfully harvest an item (X=Guild Skill rank), only Guild member of the same guild benefit from that.(or additional chance to Harvest)
Mining boost:For every Partymember who is also a Guild member you gain X% success chance to succesfully mining ore (X=Guild Skill rank), only Guild member of the same guild benefit from that.(or additional chance to mine)

Something along those lines, it should give the general idea of what I was thinking.
The Treasure hunter guild would gain exp for each item they find, the higher the rarity the more EXP. Mercenary guild probaly just from actual combat with Guild members in the party and the Merchant guild for...Good question but I guess harvesting?

And this/those skill tree/s coould be expanded to whatever, but I would say no to big bonuses for anything outside of grinding, so it stays an optional thing instead of a must have.

Any ideas/opinions about this?
I'd like for you to be able to just see who's online in your guild just by bringing up the guild menu. Another neat function to the guild would be for the guild leader to grant recruiters.

I'd like to see guild-chat also use your IC Name/Alias, instead of your OOC Key, and infact, I'd like to see the OOC key of guild members be invisible to all but the guild leader and those who are recruiters. However the ability to kick people from the guild should be a seperate permission from recruiting.

Another thing that would be nice is a Guild-Shop option, where you can place items within the shop that only members of your guild can access. Not sure if that's a good idea, just a thought.
Guild Chat is an OOC thing. Just so you know.
I know it's an ooc thing, but even still, not everyone wants to let everyone know what their OOC key is, and its easier to identify who is saying what without having to open the guild list if it just said the character's name. Even if it's an OOC channel, it can still use the IC name people are more familiarized with.
"Rendar" Wrote:Guild Chat is an OOC thing. Just so you know.

I can't see this being a valid argument for some iteration of the suggestion not to pass.

Either way, this has my support. I wouldn't say it's anything immediately needed but -some- love for the Guild Interface would be nice.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy