Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bully Barrier
Can Bullet and Blade Barrier be made Parry skills, thus allowing them to be countered by Guard Break?
Bullet Barrier is a 100% chance, I don't think so about that.

Blade Barrier? Maybe. But turning Blade Barrier in a Parry Skill will bring the problem of 'only one parry skill can be active at a time', in which will cripple the Katana dorks in their gimmick.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
And how exactly would they be crippled if you can't parry guns in the first place?
You couldn't be able to use both at the same time like they do now if Blade Barrier gets turned into a 'parry skill' type instead of a simple passive that blocks/deflects bullets, I mean.
But, if the intent is to make it be stopped by guard break without changing the skill's type? I see no problem. That could be arranged I 'think'. (I've probably misread something, my bad.)

Just don't mess with Bullet Barrier in this case, Guard Break doesn't stop Snake Dancer, so why it should stop something that gets subdued by a quickdraw/second turn's shot? I'd only agree if Bullet Barrier blocked up to 8 shots in it's turn. It would make it fair in this case. But this case doesn't exist because 'aaaaaa'.
As stated in the other thread, you're wrong about how parry skills work.

Snake dancer is Evasion, not guarding, though I could see bullet barrier not being negated since it's an offensive defense. The thread was mainly created with blade barrier in mind, bullet barrier was just an afterthought.
To be honest, I see nothing wrong if that's the case like I said on the other post. I was wrong there and here, my bad for the poor quality facts coming from assumptions.

My only 'fear' was that ambiguous line that made me think 'So... only one of those ''Parry-type Skills'' can be working at a time? How will Kensei deflect bullets now with Eviter on, overlapping it?' I hope it really doesn't work like this. And if it really doesn't? Bingo, you have some support from the noob.

Like I said back in one post over there, Guard Break is seen as a moment where you can't defend yourself from anything, no matter what. And I'm still clinging to this idea, so yeah. +1 at that.
If an attack doesn't qualify to be parried by Eviter, then surely the game will select one of your other 'parry skills' that the attack does qualify for?
They don't function like parry skills so I don't see the need to classify them as such.
In what way is blade barrier not like Eviter, other than its reduction being absolute?