Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Varon's key
So I got to the darkmanor and got to its basement. I bash through those doors and see Varon in chains. I talk to him and get his quest to go and get the key from the mage's chambers. I had already gotten the key on a previous visit to the manor so I thought the quest would already be over but when I went to check my inventory for the key, it disappeared! So I talked to an admin and he spawned another key for me. I thought this was a one time occurrence but the same thing happened to me when I logged in as another one of my characters. So this lead to my conclusion that this could be a bug or glitch of some kind.

Thanks for taking your time to read this message. Big Grin
The bug comes into being that there is no marker when the quest updates/finishes and the key is taken from your inventory with no notification, there was another thread on this in the recent past but nothing really done in response (yet). Also, he remains there despite the quest technically being over for some reason (if Dev were to fix this last one, I suggest adding a dense tile to appear for the people who have completed the quest already so they can't walk on his tile).

Location of Varon after-key/quest:
You can find him in the Chaturanga Inn afterwards as a hireable mercenary.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
This has been corrected. If anyone had issues with this, please ask a GM to give you the /obj/items/quest/darkwood/magical_key path item.