Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glancing Hoes
Okay so a notable stir has been brought about by this, but I want to give my honest thoughts about this, and hopefully everyone will give a fair input, because I want this game to be fun for all not one.

So, to start this off with, fully evading auto hits ruins the single big deal about auto hits, it's not worth using them if they die to cel users which makes them null entirely, so they have to hit, but lets call it what it is, a glancing blow.

Lets say for example subject A has 200 hit while subject B has 150 evade, there should be no reason because he rolled that 50/50 all damage should be sucked into the void like that libregrande didn't exist.

My proposed solution is as follows that we change it to be a cel based damage reduction, you can even lower that if you feel it's too much, but since you have to dodge for it to work I don't see a problem, one big problem is auto hits are so clung to because that way people can minmax damage without needing hit, lets not make that a strong build, why should someone with no hit steamroll people, but lets not ruin it either.

That brings me to the rogues evasion, it's too much as it stands for a chance of this degree this much I agree with, so instead lets change the skill into a passive that does one of two things, we can make it a small damage reduc boost or a small chance to glancing blow boost, the latter meaning they take the full damage they would with the change to glancing blows if one occurs, say for example

The rogue dodges the the attack giving them giving them an opportunity, increasing glancing blows based on rank, if the rogue is using an unarmored torso restore FP based on rank

1* rank on heavy armor
2*rank on light
3*rank+1 on unarmored, to a max of 3 ranks.

The way I see it, if you invest into cel res and def chances are you won't have the stats to have high damage without having 0 hit, missing entirely, this will change minmax builds, this will ruin auto hit meta, this might fix a lot of problems in the game, it also might make new problems, time will tell.

Give me your thoughts please.
There's already a thread for this, and we all are picking 'Evasion 4 erryone' as the solution, casting aside the 'Geisting Blows'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]