Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Armor ideas, maybe.
Light Armors need more love. All we see being used nowadays are Heavy Armor or Unarmored because they have so many god forsaken benefits, be it in reducing all damage to negligible numbers, to giving extra Hit, Critical and Evade. And absolutely no drawbacks for them.

As of what I've noticed from Light Armor, its role seems to be more focused on single elemental resistances. So, whenever we get newer icons, I'd like to ask for Light Armors to behave more like Mayelia and their sister armors, as they're what the game says, 'Legendary Paladin armors':

All of those armors are made of Cloth, due to the nature of Light Armors, and will probably not be 10* items, instead, just more Light Armors one can get from chests or random drops. They can't be crafted either, so probably 8/9 stars. And probably won't receive the bonus effects if they're mutated, to prevent needless abuse. (SINCE I REALLY WANT LIGHT ARMORS TO STAND OUT BY THEMSELVES, AND JUST NOT BE 'OH BOY THAT'S A GOOD ARMOR TO MUTATE AYE? Sort of.)

Quote:30% Slash Resistance, but -30% Blunt Resistance
"Chainmail"-looking Armor. Extra effect (Rally) could be the ability to improve your allies' morales whenever you Resist! physical slash damage, increasing their damage by 15%, for 2 rounds.(deus vult) (Doesn't work if you are critically hit, or hit by magic damage.)

Quote:30% Pierce Resistance, but -30% Slash Resistance
"Canvas"-looking Armor. Extra effect (Flankless) could be the ability to face your enemy before they attack you. (Doesn't work if your enemy has a higher CEL than you.)

Quote:30% Blunt Resistance, but -30% Pierce Resistance
"Leather"-looking Armor. Extra effect (Bouncer) could be the ability to inflict a 2 square knockback on any enemy that does blunt damage on you, away from you. (Doesn't work if you are resistant to knockbacks yourself, or knocked down.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Light armors atm are really nice, their only issue is lack of a sort of mastery like unarmored prowess/channel spirit or indomitable.

I think having the next archer class use light armor would solidify it's position finally.

But I do think current light armors are pretty good, stuff like Whynnesfelt/infighter gi/adversity tunic are all solid options when picking armor.

Armors that give 30% to one physical resistance would only encourage metagaming I feel, a sort of swap out style of "What kind of melee fighter do I completely shut down this time."
I think so. But never hurts on having specified armors for specified damage types, no? Especially when they come with major drawbacks.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
An idea would be to make Armour of Eyes, Light Armour. That could shift the balance a bit.