Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verglas Rework
CHIMERA STYLE Reduces M cost by ONE when you use a offensive skill from a style different then yours

Yes litterly ONE CHANGE could fix Verglas making them focus on chaining their attacks like in a fighting game yes they still have abysmally high FP costs
Can you imagine how fun it would be to find Verglas combo's which skills lead into other skills naturally learning how to use icetiles to control positioning and knockback

Other Suggestions.
give them better ways to inflict frostbite
Remove the ice javelin skill's requirements for being under ice point guard (we can summon ice and shit why do we need ice to make more ice?)
MAYBE give chimera style +1 power as well (stacking per shifted style) to make up for high fp costs
I think you've missed the point of verglass combos

you aren't usually hopping between all the styles, you usually use one from A style, then 2 from another style, you rarely use all three
Verglas is one of the classes that lacks a lot of oomph right now, its only made up for by martial artist being one of, if not the best base class in the game.

Its power is put too heavily into Expanding Ice, Icicle spear could use way more power for its momentum cost, but since its a map crossing line shot I think the momentum cost needs to stay.

if you were to nerf the damage and reduce the FP cost of expanding ice, while making Chimera style less exclusive to the other combo trees, the class might have a lot more to do in any fight, but it fails to even stand up to reaver right now because of its low range combo ability.
Chimera Style suffers heavily from Verglas' lack of skill-based mobility. Performing a combo under this passive requires an adjacent target, and your combo options are just as limited by how many skills you can grab.

That being said, I think it's possible to remedy the problems of Chimera Style and help push Verglas into making more of an impact, without having to adjust damage scalings or anything like that. It requires two adjustments:

1. Chimera Style further reduces momentum cost to 1M on the use of the third 'style' skill. (I.e. Hare skill at 3m -> Fox skill at 2m -> Bear skill at 1m -> Bear skill at 1m) However, all Verglas offensive skills gain a 1 Round Cooldown while Chimera Style is in effect.

2. If the user is under the effect of Shukuchi, 'Hare' skills gain range equal to Shukuchi's rank (or CEL/10, if you want to bring back the STR/WIL/CEL theme), and will teleport the user to the target if they're outside of melee range before inflicting damage and effects.

Given these changes, however, I wouldn't reduce the FP costs. That kind of combo power should demand some serious FP costs.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I'm okay with your idea chaos, so long as example

Fox skill at 3, bear skill at 2, second bear skill still at 2 is doable.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'm okay with your idea chaos, so long as example

Fox skill at 3, bear skill at 2, second bear skill still at 2 is doable.
That would still work.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Well, Icicle Spear might also be worth giving the new Frozen status. That status was originally intended to be used with that skill but I ended up not doing it because Evade stopped being such an issue.
To be honest, the primary issues as I see it are:
1) Fox skills are greviously overused when compared to the other styles, specifically expanding ice - actually, mostly entirely expanding ice;
2) Icicle Spear sees no use due to the setup it requires, with Crawling Spikes similarly seeing rare use
3) And comparing Hare/Bear styles to Fox, it deals comparatively little damage, as fox style deals magic damage, something harder to resist, and factors in elemental attack.

I personally am a fan of Chaos #2 suggestion to get Hare style back in gear, though I'm not sure I entirely agree with being able to attack with one momentum at full damage being a great idea. I enjoy Chimera style as it is, as it's not very overbearing, but still strong; rarely seeing use as it is. I don't consider two momentum particularly strong when you have to expend three to make those other two strikes off.

As for Icicle Spear, I frankly wouldn't mind seeing Frozen added to it's status effects, but I'm not sure it will still see much use compared to the other two Fox Styles, regardless. Perhaps as an alternative, it can be used without guard up, but with a slight damage nerf and no inflictions?

EDIT: I cannot form a thought today. tl;dr Fox skills used too much, power balance issue more than anything.
Fox skills are used so much because all of Verglas' skills cost a ridiculous amount, but at least the fox tree has some utility. Bear and Hare effects can be achieved much more cheaply with another class' skills.
Well there was once the topic about Ice point skills only costing 2 M instead of three. I think if that change comes aswell, icicle spear would atleast be a skill you can perform in one turn instead of two, hence making it a bit more worthwhile. Also making ice greavers more attractive. As discussed in this topic:
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...ron#p27587

Also if Frostbite moves away from Icicle Spear, can I get my Snowball skill please, to inflict frostbite?:
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=5509

Aside from that I feel that the stances should maybe reduce the FP costs of the co responding tree. Verglas always suffers from way to high FP costs, for a class that combos three skills in a chain usually. which can go anywehre from 50-100FP a round. and it does not have that much OOMPH behind it to make up for the costs. Or give the stances something of their previous charm back, like giving each tree extra scaling of the coresponding stat.(Like bear skills get 25%extra str scaling instead of the base +5 power. It's kinda pre-GR as it stands)