Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asinine Alacrity (The Flee Meme)
Shade aside, yeah.

I like Saw's comment (Certainly not the numbers, Flee chance is already hard enough for tanks, imagine completely killing it? Nah. I'd much rather have Flee being a percentage check between the enemy team vs your team's raw CEL + LUC, like how Status Infliction works, I hate how two slow people can't flee a fight between SLOW PEOPLE, every time. It gets pathetic sometimes.) on the part of being able to flee singularly. And it 'sure' would be cool in PvE to be something like a Zoro, to jump in a fight where someone is having difficulty, kill that mob for them, and then jump out while mysteriously swinging a cape and going 'hoho got your mom yesterday'.

And back to serious PvP scenarios like we had with Cellsvich's destruction arc, it could be used to make others buy some time for a single person to flee towards one objective, if you ever saw Naruto you'll know how cool it is to have a team of four clashing, then one of each team goes 'Hey... go, leave this one to me', as their compatriots flee and chase after the others who left this single guy behind.

So, a summary of what could come out of this is: Give Flee a 2-3-4 round unavailability like Skip has right now (maybe make a pacifism/cowardice trait to remove this, where you deal less damage, take more damage but your flee is 100% and has no round penalty), and make flee only affect whoever used it (again, probably make a 'retreat order' for tactician or a trait that makes everyone of your team who is in a battle border flee, if you are the party leader)

It won't break the game simply because this existed already, long time ago you could leave a party mid battle and thus, escape from combat singularly. It was a bug, but an interesting one, if I recall it correctly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd make sure that people that fled a battle can't come back. I mean, someone is going to abuse this for infinite rotational INN visits and we're going to regret letting it happen.
I agree.
I thought about making Flee play by the same rules as Skip but was worried about potential PvE impacts, but I think it would be still be okay and maybe even a good thing.
Sounds good to me.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Sure, that works for a start.
Please for the love of god give us individual flees. There's been a dozen or so instances where we've seen entire fights stop mid-flow because someone decided to tell their team to flee, and had to leave the battle, disband a party and then have their team-mates flee ICly.

I'd set it so if a team leader flees, the entire team flees, however if an individual that isn't team leader flees, it should just be them who leaves the battle. After all, if you start losing a fight, not everyone is gonna have the stomach to see it out til the end. I'm also on board for seeing anyone who does individually flee a fight being unable to rejoin said fight. So yeah, 100% on board with Kunai here.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]