Poll: What would you like to see the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Static Dungeon
11.32%
6 11.32%
Item Potentials
7.55%
4 7.55%
Donation Items/Cosmetic Stuff
15.09%
8 15.09%
New Talent Subpaths
15.09%
8 15.09%
Alstalsia Arena
0%
0 0%
Battle Bonuses
3.77%
2 3.77%
Additional Class Skill/Playstyle Expansions
39.62%
21 39.62%
Enchanting Great Successes
1.89%
1 1.89%
Sidequests
5.66%
3 5.66%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Updates Poll (April 2018)
As promised, here's a poll for some of the next updates that people would like to see. Note that a few things are absent from this list, notably a new class and the trait rework. The former, Ranger is still pretty new and I don't have the next class planned out at all, so I'd rather do some other stuff. The latter, I'm still writing down ideas for traits, and it's a fairly significant undertaking, since it requires new interfaces and such. It'll be coming, probably in the next few months, but I ask for your patience on it since it's not quite there yet.

Item Potentials - Adding new item potentials for some weapons.
Static Dungeon - Most likely an ice dungeon. Would involve some new enemies and items, maybe a new boss to go with it. I would probably also add a new random dungeon type for it, with 10* items for the enemies in it.
Donation Items/Cosmetic Stuff - More background and border types, some golden items. Potentially setting your preferred character color, which could change the color of somethings (character box at the top, maybe some skill visual effects if specific ones are requested and make sense).
New Talent Subpaths - A few new talent subpaths for existing talents. (Combat Drilling, Archery, Spiritualism, and Maintenance all have some ones in my big list. Some of these may tie into service stalls, however.)
Alstalsia Arena - A new arena that functions similar to the one on Sigrogana, in Alstalsia. Would involve a new arena shop and new items for purchase in it.
Battle Bonuses - New system where you can gain an additional modifier to EXP from battles by fulfilling certain conditions in battle. (For example, hitting an enemy weakness would give the Tactical modifier, which is a 5% bonus to the total EXP gained.)
Additional Class Skill/Playstyle Expansions - Similar to the new Grand Summoner skills, these would be skill expansions to existing classes, mostly with the intention to create unique synergies/playstyles within the class to promote build diversity and so on. Most likely would be for either Bonder or Void Assassin, but if people have a strong enough preference to a specific class, it can also be considered.
Enchanting Great Successes - Expanding on Enchanting great successes in some way. Could potentially give a special item quality, such as random unique bonuses that get overwritten when the item is enchanted again, or a special quality that makes the next enchantment on the weapon always succeed.
Sidequests - New sidequests, much like the quests that exist in the game right now.

---

You can pick up to 2 options. Note that just because an option is on this list, or voted for, it may not end up being what is chosen for whatever reason.
Dev-- the title. Confusedweatdrops:

Anyway, I'll edit back in anything I have to add to this topic in regards to specifically what I'd like to see added.

EDITED:

Costmetics (Voted for)
It would be nice to have an option where we can edit the color value of the Player HUD and the chat log, either together or separately, to something other than dark blue.

Battle Modifiers
This would be great but I'm not sure if it'd be competitive against something like a new dungeon or arena. Could probably be something to sneak in while we await a bigger piece of content.

Enchanting Great Success
I like the idea you provide with this but to be honest it'd be so much nicer if we could have new enchant. For example, accessories still only have one enchant for them. A little more diversity would be a welcome thing in general to Enchanting.

[strike]New/Reworked Traits (Not Listed)
To be honest, I was a bit let down not to see this up there (unless you're already working on it - in which case, disregard this entire part of the post aside from me saying it should probably be one of the more top priority things), I was half-expecting this was something closer to the horizon given I heard a little banter on it when I started to actually being involved again. It's also one of the final things to be reworked since the Post-GR.[/strike] *cough*

Sidequests (Voted for)
This is probably the one option I'd stress if there were a way to say "I put this as a priority over my other vote." Maybe some stuff to do in Alstalsia or New Cellsvich (preferably Cells).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Additional Class Skills/Playstyle Expansions:
Magic Gunner - Because Qucikdraw/MLM or Support Shotgunning being the only things that works is BS. Also Fix Akimbo. Buff handguns.
New Potentials: I want to see things aimed at the 1*, 2* and 3*, and a small shoutout at Hakouhen, Gae Baed and Shotgun, for obvious DHeasons.

Quote:- A few thought examples are:
- Wo-Dao can grant you Battle Flow for 3 rounds if you score a Critical Hit. (On UL% chance)
- Trident can inflict Lingering Damage (Pierce) LV UL*2
- Battleaxe can cleave the enemy and cripple their move speed by UL/2.
- Shotguns could hold a UL*2% chance to splash the damage on a 3x3 circle, dealing mixed blunt and fire damage, knocking everyone away from the target.
- Hakouhen could grant you a 'Sharpen Mind' skill that uses 4M to charge up your Hakouhen to deal 50% more damage per charge (up to LV3), your next attack at 3 stacks will become a Vorpal Strike, if critical hit.
- Gae Baed could be more simple, and inflict UL% of your damage as Cursed Wounds LV, or power it up and refresh the duration.

Additional Class Skills/Playstyle Expansions: Void Assassin needs more 'Assassin' in it, the two Void skills are enough, hopefully I'll be getting to see them warping around a 'lot', and making their own plays, by managing to reach an opponent's back in some way.

Quote:- A suggestion for this would be a way to stab an enemy for no momentum, while having that damage reduced by 75%, and then warp the target 'and' you to the closest voidgate in the battlefield, as you'll always end this teleport behind them. Something I dubbed by 'Shifting Slash', and a way to isolate a target, or get those pesky cowards to stop hiding their backs against the edge of the battlefield.

- Yet another idea is to have a way to make them deal an extra bonus damage to isolated targets, too. Akin to One-On-One of Duelist. Or maybe that, but to Blind targets. Something like ignoring 25% or 50% of the enemy's PDR if flanking them (sides or back) while they're blind.

- Void Assassin could also be more flashy, doing multiple attacks in succession like Duelist does. As they are right now, they don't give much the 'agile' feel any other assassin in RPGs do. Martial Artist is more an assassin than Void Assassin, since they can leap on enemies, teleport around and do a lot of acrobatic stuff. They should have a gap closer skill similar to Hanging that teleports them to the enemy's back in a range.

- Void Assassin, ultimately, should be the dagger counterpart to Kensei. They should be able to drag out the role of dealing 'tons of damage' in the minimum timespan possible, and builds that invest fully on damage should be rewarded in this case, while tanky Void Assassins should be punished. Maybe making GUI influence their Dark ATK somehow, so they're not obligated to build RES? RES really has no major use for them, aside making them more tank-friendly than damage-friendly.

As for Bonder, I think they should have means to make their Youkai last as much as a reliable player character, if they're only using one Youkai. Their level of friendship should mean something, both ICly and OOCly.

Quote:- Bonder might need to 'hug' more weapon types, like Daggers, Fists, Guns, SWORDS (yes, they only have one sword attack, in which I find quite underwhelming) and Bows. Even if only one of each is added in the end, I'd be satisfied to see them have more ways to fight alone, but with a Youkai spiritually powering them behind their moves, ready to pounce out to help.

- And as I've stated above, just as a mean to double underline it, 'Only One Bonded Youkai' should have said Youkai survive better. A short solution to this would be making Friendship reduce all damage taken and increase all healing done to Bonded Youkai from all sources, in a 0.5% per 1% Friendship LV ratio.

- Another gimmick for a single Youkai would be having them get summoned/installed from time to time, by themselves, to take (or reduce) damage for you and disappear on the next round, like Devotion works. The chance could be based on Friendship, with the same ratio, or a quarter, in this case. (25% chance max at 100% Friendship)

- ENGINEER BOT BUFF WHEN. Grand Summoner's gimmick would be so, so much better fitting for them. Meeeh! -kicks the dust below, sad koon-
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Additional Playstlye/Class Expansion:
Verglas:
Verglas needs a bit more love in general, it fell really behind. It's way to FP heavy for a Combo class. It needs a Throw Snowball skill, obviously. Icicle spear needs some more love it needs 9 M to be cast and removes a decent buff from yourself, Neither Damage nor the effect are good enough to compensate for that, it being a map wide snipe is the only boon.(Miu is almost better in that, minus the range. But it's also just 3M).
Generally I think it needs a few more toys maybe, for utillity sake. Maybe something that makes them actually use the Ice tiles they produce? Like they absorb so and so many Ice tiles around themselves for some special attacks of maybe even a Barrier around themselves that works like Jarmor but also makes you immobile, but at the same time while active you recover a bit of FP/HP each turn? I think being able to use Ice tiles in general would fit them lore wise aswell, since its said they are even stronger when there is Ice all around them, the abbility to use those ice tiles would perfectly reflect that.

Bonder:
Bonders are meant to have little few friends but you fight with them together in a more effective way!

While it has a few features that are really cool it also lacks the part with "I fight with them!"

I think it lacks fundamental battle skills to make Bonder able to fight with their youkai, 1 skill in each weapon category doesn't really fullfill it (the spear one is basically unuseable aswell, cause your youkai can't hit for shit anyway.)
It doesn't need to reinvent the wheel either, skills as basic as Sidecut are actually some of the most fun skills in the game. Have something along that tier with some youkai single/multi bond effects and they become alot more viable in combat and a lot more fun to play.
Again, they lack ways to fight on their own. And the youkai are so short lived that once they are dead you are basically defenseless entirely for the rest of the fight or well, you are fighting wih only one class.

To make it able to appeal to more classes I guess 3-4 skills in each weapon category would make it quite cool.(as sword bonder you can actually legitamely not use a duelist promotion anymore. And still do stuff.) Adding more categories to open up more different class combination? Even better. But if it's either or? Just flash out the existing weapon categories so you have some options to fight even if your youkai are dead.
Then adding some mechanics that resolve around keeping your team alive and giving them buffs to hit and so on, so that they can actually viable fight without only being able to spam their inbound youkai skill all the time.
I imangine that it would be very much possible to grant them skills the Bonder purchases, to make them more versatile? (Like if the youkai could use the spear skill on it's own, without the bonded youkai effect, that would be pretty neat....If they could hit aswell...)

Bonder has been a niche class for way to long, which is mostly because it can't really stand on its own and is used for additional buffs currently. Now that Fast offense got it's well deserved nerf atleast.

I actually only voted one cause I derped, but my second vote would go for either Subpath talents or Ice dungeon...Cause my ice characters need a buff. Clearly. But probably subpaths

For Subpath talents:
-Alternate paths for weapons to approach different playstyles. (like in the topic about swapping Reliabbility with thin tip. Just give weapons differnt path to compliment their playstyles.)

-Shield subpath: Let me captain america those fuckers in someones face and bash the shit out of people with a character who uses nothing but a shield. Maybe some generic flat reductions. I know could be Soldier sklls but...Why if you could just aswell make it a generic thing to allow some out of the box combinations like a shield martial artist! I feel like certain skills like protect, throw sand and so on could just aswell be generic "Skills".

-Having something for lightweight weapons, to help compete with twohanding. Maybe even dualwielding/multiweaponing. Actually, something to help with barefists couldn't hurt either?

-Wrestling talent tree...I am not even kidding. Let us use grapple and suplex the shit out of scare bears or something. Tag team grapple moves!? I am serious. I want this. And choking maybe, so you can acually do something while holding someone. Also grappled people should lose evade.

-More skills with niche effects like that. Like pick pocketing: stealing one item from their item belt, Rouges throw sand would probably do better as a Talent tree like "Dirty fighting". The long longed for "Turn Around" skill could also fit into it. Also opposite form "honor" tree path.

-Stances: Basically a "buff" type that aslong as you haven't been knocked down or something gives you certain boni/mali in certain conditions. Maybe even just additional effects like bleeding, staggering (people are thrown of balance for evade reduction or whatever).

-Maybe trees that compliment cetain character arche types. Like "Lone Wolf" that gives them benefits aslong as they are not in a party/have youkai or something. I am not talking about anything to big, just small boons that even maybe just work in PvE like Exp boosts cause alone is the ultimate experince...As shown by Kirito in SoA...I am kidding here. Maybe minimal demage reductions aswell, for aslong as your party size is =1

-Crafting enhancements, but probably not needed. I still think the whole crafting system needs a huge overhaul.

-PvE Dungeoning Talents for more loot chance and stuff like that. Maybe even an additional roll per battle for loot?

I think thats all what I can think of Spontanously.