Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badkage and Terrikage
3rd time's a charm, Hikage and Tsukikage are in a terrible position right now, they have less scaling than other daggers, they have inconsistent scaling (STR/GUI/VIT) and their set effect is not even remotely worth the lack of damage they can pull off, on top of this they have fire/water damage.

You CAN use the set effect to hit someone at range then teleport behind them for the combo, but realistically speaking you're very likely to hit a resist, lose your momentum, deal less damage than just about any other dagger, further reduced by resistance more than likely, and now you're in their face about to get your head caved in.

It hurts to see such a cool set effect squandered by the damage type and scaling that they both sport, I think that they both need a fair bit of tuning to be caught up with daggers like Vorpal Fang/Dancing Shiv/Stinger/Fans etc.
The issue is really with multi stat scaling weapons

Fun fact the best multi stat scaling weapons have a total scaling over 100% because even with great scalings, being split between two or three stats still will keep them lagging behind a 90-100% single stat scaling tool (that usually also has a lot more base power)
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:The issue is really with multi stat scaling weapons

Fun fact the best multi stat scaling weapons have a total scaling over 100% because even with great scalings, being split between two or three stats still will keep them lagging behind a 90-100% single stat scaling tool (that usually also has a lot more base power)

I think its just the weapons themselves, this is a bit off topic.
These weapons are definitely a victim of seemingly careless scaling decisions and the fact that elemental damage is wholly inferior to the physical-type trio.

Until those two issues are fixed though, the dagger set could definitely be changed to deal piercing/slashing damage with better scaling while weakening their set effects to compensate. 80 GUI / 15 STR for the Hikage and 80 GUI / 15 VIT for the Tsukikage, while turning the Tsukikage's critical effect to FP reduction instead of Silence, and changing the back-teleport to only take effect if the attacker is in one range, otherwise it teleports to the closest cardinal square to the enemy.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:These weapons are definitely a victim of seemingly careless scaling decisions and the fact that elemental damage is wholly inferior to the physical-type trio.

Until those two issues are fixed though, the dagger set could definitely be changed to deal piercing/slashing damage with better scaling while weakening their set effects to compensate. 80 GUI / 15 STR for the Hikage and 80 GUI / 15 VIT for the Tsukikage, while turning the Tsukikage's critical effect to FP reduction instead of Silence, and changing the back-teleport to only take effect if the attacker is in one range, otherwise it teleports to the closest cardinal square to the enemy.

Most of that sounds fine except the teleport effect change.

Here's what I'd suggest, due to a new toggleable skill everyone gets called Limit Potential, you could arguably move the water/fire damage to the potentials of the weapons, requiring and changing the other's damage type as well.

You could then tie the burn and silence procs to the water/fire damage as well, to give merit to the fire/water damage.
As long as the silence effect gets changed, that could be okay. But constant backstabbing along with fairly good scaling might be too much, so I'd cut the scaling to 70/15 in that case.
I don't really mind potentially changing the set effect of elemental damage into a potential skill for these weapons. If the scaling needs adjustment then I don't mind doing that either. I just don't want them to be the objectively best pair of daggers in the game again.
Thats fair yeah, moving the elemental damage and status effects to the potential would be great, maybe even change the silence as Megablues suggested, while keeping the teleport and range on the set effect, Megablue's suggestion to make them 90% total scaling was pretty good as well.

Most other daggers are easily 100-120% total scaling (While holding their own special effects), so I think this'd work well.
I mean the only reason they were the best pair of daggers in the game was actually just cause of Double Hikage when you last nerf'd them. They haven't been the best pair for a long while. I would of just suggested adding on another pierce to the set, like some boots. That would of fixed the issue of them cause then you could just use Hikages.
I gave both of these a potential skill that negates item properties that change your damage type, and I also changed Tsukikage's scaling to match Hikage's.