Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say/emote range +1
Actually a small thing, that usually haven' been an issue. But the new square of Cellsvich is desigened so that people naturally flok to the left or the right to stand there. The issue is that the length from the left to the right is exactly one tile out of the range so it can lead to awkwardly missing parts of the conversation.

So simply because of the new square design I'd say to easily fix that is to just increase say/emote range by 1. I mean you could also increase lemote/shout by 2 so people can actually yell down to people from the balcony of the Inn, but hey. Say/emote +1 range would be enough to fix this little issue.
I don't see why not but I also feel like if you're standing on either side of the square you won't hear people way on the other side realistically. Meaning this change is only to enable an unrealistic behavior that would otherwise encourage people to not stand so far expecting to hear people perfectly clear.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
A screenshot might provide a bit more clarification, this is the current horizontal range should you decide you want to sit on one side of the square, by the trees.
[Image: nVKR7y3.png]
in-game distance is an abstraction resulting from a tile-based system and the visual distance between two people on your computer screen doesn't necessarily represent a real world equivalent based on their sprite size and the size of other things like trees or flowers. in short: it's not bad rp to speak from a distance.

can we just have non-whisper says/emotes be audible from anywhere in vision? it gets especially bad when you're in areas that mess with the camera.
'Vision' is variable, so no, nor do I think that behavior would be desirable. I can bump it up by 1, though.