Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at me
There seem to be quite a few skills that don't actually reset your position after using them. The list might be too extensive to post, but it may be worth looking into what does and doesn't do this, if it's not intentional at all
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
In that case there are skills that don't in fact turn you about, Disengage for example doesn't allow you to turn before jumping backwards. End Turn (with auto end turned off) does allow you to pick a direction but upon confirming the direction you automatically turn back to the direction you were facing before using it.

Are either of these examples intentional changes?
None of them are meant to reset your position after using the skill. They are meant to reset your position when you select the skill and move the target, but cancel the skill use.

Disengage can't be turned; this is intentional. End Turn behaving the same is intentional.
Sorry to post again so quickly but what about moves like changing DH stances or changing MG shells. Those cost no momentum and can be used to turn about while End Turn can't even though it uses up all your remaining momentum. Another example would be the redtail's changing their flame which also takes up no momentum.

Also using the movement action to turn your character without confirming also works to turn your character without costing momentum. Is all of that intentional?
I've tested, and everything seems to be working as intended, with exception of the exploit mentioned above, where skills that cost no momentum to be used, can be used to face towards the direction you wish for "free".

For these skills I suggest giving them the same treatment of Sharpen and Disengage, where their direction is fixed and unable to be changed.

The list is short and is as it follows:

Magic Gunner:
- Blaze Shell
- Celsius Shell
- Bright Shell
- Magnet Shell
- Chain Shell
- Vamp Shell
- Null Shell
- Sonic Shell
- Interference Shell
- Lucky Shell

Demon Hunter:
- Reaver Stance
- Cobra Stance
- Matador Stance
- Desperado Stance

Redtail Racial Skills:
- Red Dice
- Yellow Dice
- Green Dice
- Fox God's Fortune Cookie

Weapon Passive:
- Grandovyn's Weapon-type Swap (Sword)
- Forgrint's Weapon-type Swap (Spear)
- Rexynis's Weapon-type Swap (Axe)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Wait, so we can't change direction with end turn and the like anymore? For what purpose was this change even made?

Are we at least going to get a skill to change direction for like 1M if we're really going down this route?
To give openings to classes that need positionals to actually do something. (Rogue, GUI users. Possible future Dragoon class that he's planning to add.) As it was, people could just swap their direction nilly-willy whenever their turn was around. (The biggest example of this was when fighting against Void Assassins, who need to hit you from the back. People could put their backs against the battle border, attack you, and put their back against the border again.) I do support this change, as it was more a bug fix than anything.

A skill to change direction for 1M would also be pretty cool. Why? Because it costs momentum. What I reported above is what still allows you to change direction for no cost.

But let us not make discussions here. This is a bug report thread, so shoo to make a Balance-Fu thread instead, goon.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]