Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EZ Freez-E (Crystal Rose)
Unsure if intentional, but Crystal Rose can still inflict Frozen with the effect of a Mercury Badge without the actual Kraken enchant.

Game Version: 2.00.5
When you think about it the badges description states "Always treated as enchanted with 'Kraken' for changing skill effects." So its probably intentional.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Yes, but there's at least one case (Quaking Heaven Kick) where the badge effect will not provide the same bonus as the actual enchantment, despite this not being stated anywhere in game. This was changed since its effect was so powerful that allowing it to be used with just an item slot was too overbearing.

If it isn't a bug, then this can just be moved to Balance Fu instead.
It's still worth getting devs confirmation either way though and ah that makes sense when thinking about it. Never actually tested any of the other badges enough to know or notice any changes of such.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
That's what this thread is for, yes (seeing if it's intentional or not). I just didn't mark it with (QUE) like I usually do for bugs I'm unsure are intentional features or actual oversights.

I also forgot to add the relevant game version, whoops.
Enchant shield and Elemental Arrow skills also behave this way, they specify skill effects and how not, but this is a bug report so any discussion should be saved for if it becomes a balance fu topic.
I've updated the description to clarify it applies to the Freezing variation rather than need a specific elemental enchant status.