Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Scaling Suggestions
Currently, some weapons are rarely used due to their underpowered scaling, despite the higher base power. My suggestion is to introduce split scaling with a minor use of a single stat, so that if you do use said stat, the split weapon is more viable, but if the stat is unused, then the "normal" version is better (for example, when comparing Grand Axe to Battle Axe). The key is not to have a major split- even something like 50/50 could allow one to skimp a bigger portion of one of the scalings. It's better to have a small amount of scaling in a stat that is still useful otherwise so that when someone happens to have the stats for the weapon's scaling, they don't lose out, but they can't avoid skipping the main scaling stat either. With that long-winded explanation out of the way, here is my suggestions:

Grand Axe
Currently: 90% STR
Suggested: 80% STR, 20% DEF
Reason: To fit in with Chaturanga's themed weapons.

Nirvana Replica
Currently: 60% STR, 15% DEF, 15% SAN
Suggested: 80% STR, 20% SAN
Reason: To allow more usability while also separating it from the Grand Axe.

Skullcaver
Currently: 80% STR
Suggested: 70% STR, 20% LUC
Reason: It's never used anymore. I'd personally change the effect for PvP- if that was done then I'd also add 10% more STR scaling.

Sweeper
Currently: 80% STR
Suggested: 80% STR, 15% SKI
Reason: If you're using this for the basic attack effect, you're already building skill. Still has it below the battleaxe for overall scaling.

Citizen Slaughterer
Suggested: 80% STR, 20% GUI
Reason: It's worse than the battleaxe unless used against unarmored opponents.

-------------------------------

Adversity Annihilator
Currently: 70% SKI, 10% WIL
Suggested: 80% SKI, 20% WIL
Reason: Building WIL on an archer may be useful, but not to the point of it being your main damage stat, thus giving this weapon a niche.

Artemis Replica
Currently: 60% SKI, 15% WIL, 15% SAN
Suggested: 80% SKI, 20% SAN
Reason: To allow more usability along the lines of the other replicas.

Creed Replica
Currently: 60% GUI, 15% STR, 15% SAN
Suggested: 80% GUI, 20% SAN
Reason: Same as the other replicas.

Thief Blade
Currently: 75% STR, 15% GUI
Reason: It's underpowered and has little use compared to Dancing Shiv and Vorpal Fang; making it a strength-dagger gives it a niche (perhaps for armored dagger users?).

Shredder Replica
Currently: 60% STR, 15% VIT, 15% SAN
Suggested: 80% STR, 25% SAN
Reason: Replica repetition; fist weapons also scale better than most weapons due to having low crit modifiers.

Firthrower
Currently: 45% STR, 45% SKI
Suggested: 60% STR, 45% SKI
Reason: It uses fire damage and it's outclassed by many other guns.

Hold Upper
Currently: 50% SKI, 30% GUI
Suggested: 50% SKI, 35% GUI
Reason: It's as good as the autopistol with this changed scaling, but emphasizes skill and guile balance as opposed to hard skill scaling. Due to the nature of

Quickdraw
Currently: 35% SKI, 35% CEL
Suggested: 45% SKI, 35% CEL
Reason: I personally think it could use more oomph, but someone correct me if there'd be a way to abuse this.

Shotgun
Currently: 80% SKI
Suggested: 80% SKI, 10% LUC
Reason: It could use a bit more damage.

Gae Bolg Replica
Currently: 60% STR, 15% GUI, 15% SAN
Reason: It needs to use more of the user's bolging moocles.

Greatspear
Reason: Same as Grand Axe.

Knight Slayer
Reason: Same as citizen slaughterer.

Staff of Eyes
Currently: 60% STR
Suggested: 59% STR
Reason: To fuck with people.

Braver Replica
Currently: 60% STR, 15% SKI, 15% SAN
Reason: Same as the other replicas.

Nelten
Reason: Same as the grand axe.

Rogue Dasher
Reason: Same as citizen slaughterer.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I actually think Staff of Eyes is really weak, it could use a bit of FAI scaling to it me thinks, so that its not just 60% scaling.

Other than that all of these sound very good to me and I'd like to see some of these changes.
oh no, the fabled 59% str scaling staff of eyes
ahem

Staff of Eyes could be 60% STR 20% FAI.

I like all of these.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
While I do like most of the scaling changes, I think a lot of these weapons will still be underused due to either no effects or lackluster effects. (But hey, that's what potential skills are for.)

I think Thief Blade in particular needs 120% total scaling (say 80% STR/40% GUI) because it has a measly 2 base Power and the majority of Dagger builds benefit from GUI scaling far more than STR.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I like these, but place the shine sword rework somewhere in here because that needs it too. On the other hand, I'm gonna agree with the Staff of Eyes and throw my hat in and say probably maybe some other 10* and lesser used weapons. Iunno.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Yes, these are good scaling changes. It pleases my soul. I'd also add a potential to some of these.
Yes we need these to have more variety definitely. Agreed with all of them Saw.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Firthrower could have more SKI than STR. The STR scaling is what makes it not as viable for Gunners, to begin with. Or a 40% SKI/40% WIL/40% GUI for it would make that one of the most unique weapons.

Personally I think they can get that much, because you cannot change its damage type from Fire to Pierce, and Fire is easier resistable than the latter, so it will be fine.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]